Ladybird up close

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
tried everything to stop the flash bounce but failed... MPE 5:1 f13 : 1/200

4526232838_9cf48aee2e_o.jpg

what a superb image, lovely and sharp and I don't think the flash detracts from it to be honest....I just wish Nikon produced a lens with that magnification!

The details and clarity is breathtaking. I haven't shot any 1:1 or even more magnified macro. What is MPE, is it an adaptor for magnification?

Superb shot Gary. The flash isn't too bad at all. Maybe a shutter of 1/250th and a under exposed flash could have reduced it. Easier to recover under exposed of course. Still, nowt wrong with it.. cracking shot.

Deepblu,

The MPE-65 is a Canon 65mm Macro lens capable of 5:1 magnification. It's pretty much the daddy of macro. Something many of us here hope to have in our arsenal of lenses. At anything from £700 - £1000 though.. it's something that has to wait, certainly for myself.

Thanks Everyone for your comments - thanks Ian for your advice and explanation of the mpe - The mpe is an excellent lens and the craving for magnification and a sensible set up thats not 4ft long will draw us all to it in the end....:) although it is a very tricky set-up to master I have lost more shots recently trying to fing the subject in the lens and at a silly working distance the subjects long gone before the lens is any where near. So its a big learning curve when you do get this lens and as you see from Alliecs posting about his lighting setup you do have to do your own research to get the best out of this lens ... but the potential is amazing........

Back