LadyBirds in flight

• Thread starter Deleted member 3428
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3428

Damn this is hard trying to get them inflight these a a few of my successes so far, might try a few more later if I get time.

1 Mid flight.
4052196001_8d09d40e45_o.jpg

2 Take off.
4052195825_f74b0bc020_o.jpg

3 Coming in to land.
4052195635_9969c610c8_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very good effort. You seem to be doing OK to me. Allyou need to do is keep taking photos and I'm sure you'll get the perfect shot eventually.

I'm not sure you'll be able to do anything about it, but you may want to try to make the background a little more interesting. But I doubt I'd have the patience to take such photos. Excellent stuff. :)

Excellent work Alby (y) looking at those it amazes me they can fly at all ...

Very good effort. You seem to be doing OK to me. Allyou need to do is keep taking photos and I'm sure you'll get the perfect shot eventually.

I'm not sure you'll be able to do anything about it, but you may want to try to make the background a little more interesting. But I doubt I'd have the patience to take such photos. Excellent stuff. :)
These were done inside just to see how hard it was to take a in flight shot and it's a good job I have very little hair before I started this experiment :D
Looks like you're doing alright to me..............(y)(y)
Cheer Keith ;)
The Ladybird training seems to be going well. What other tricks does he do? Superb shots
Almost got one tap dancing Dave :LOL:
From behind they look more like free falling parachutists to me Steve.:D

It does all look a bit precarious doesn't it!

Great shots as always, I like the pose in the second one best.

Considering how quick they move, these are great shots, you have done real good to get them. Good to see :clap:.
Trev

I didn't realise they had red abdomens before. Cracking shots though, how did you persuade it to land on your leaf?

You must have the patience of a saint, Fantastic effort to catch these in flight, I dof my tatty yorkshire flat cap.

Bet your glad you wasnt using slide film !!!!!!! The beauty of digital

Dave ....

Thanks all, I just used 2 leaves and put them quite close and the landing leaf nearer the window so towards the light and placed the LB on the other leaf and when it climbed to the top of that leaf off it would fly but god it was difficult to catch it in focus. Fun trying though so if anyone else would like to try please be my guest ;)

Thanks all, I just used 2 leaves and put them quite close and the landing leaf nearer the window so towards the light and placed the LB on the other leaf and when it climbed to the top of that leaf off it would fly but god it was difficult to catch it in focus. Fun trying though so if anyone else would like to try please be my guest ;)

very clever, I wouldn't have thought of that.

What can I say Alby, very nice and well executed :clap:

Good couple of shots! I chased some lady birds around until it was nearly dark and never once captured one in flight they just crawled everywhere!

Wow, another cracking set of shots from you mate!!! I dread to think how many shots it took to get those, please don't say "3"!!!

Carl

Good couple of shots! I chased some lady birds around until it was nearly dark and never once captured one in flight they just crawled everywhere!
Thanks for looking Rob ;)
Wow, another cracking set of shots from you mate!!! I dread to think how many shots it took to get those, please don't say "3"!!!

Carl

Carl I guess it was about 1 in 12-15 was ok, tough job but with practise I'm sure it would have got easier ;)

Back