Ladybower Resevoir

Cracker Barrel ;)

That is rather good Fraser :)

It is very good, I really like the colours and contrasts, and I feel guilty making any comment, however I feel distracted by the leaning verticals.
I'm probably too aware of it, and it may just be camera angle, so it may not be a valid comment.

lbs.jpg

There's a lot to see and admire there, colours on the trees, reflections, angles.
Lastly my eye was drawn to the underside struts of the bridge which look like a line of arrows diminishing into the image.
Don't know why, but I would have liked to see a bit of the opening of the bridge to the right, but maybe that was spoilt by something and left out on purpose.
Regardless it's a cracking picture and I would be proper chuffed if I had taken it.

Excellent concept but far too over cooked for my taste.

When I first straightened the verticals, I had like below, and redid it to try and get closer to the OP's original.

Strange, the colours did not strike me in the same way as the verticals did at the time, strange how our eyes see different things :)

lb1s.jpg

Its oversaturated and it looks great, more artistic than photographic, the only thing for me is the grass in the front seems too vivid and detracts from the rest of the image.
A bit of AI in photoshop?

It is very good, I really like the colours and contrasts, and I feel guilty making any comment, however I feel distracted by the leaning verticals.
I'm probably too aware of it, and it may just be camera angle, so it may not be a valid comment.

View attachment 406341
When I first straightened the verticals, I had like below, and redid it to try and get closer to the OP's original.

Strange, the colours did not strike me in the same way as the verticals did at the time, strange how our eyes see different things :)

View attachment 406395
I share the sentiment about verticals being vertical, but definitely disagree with the need for a ghastly magenta colour cast.

Original colour were OK-ish as long blue is toned down just a notch, but may be a personal preference

I share the sentiment about verticals being vertical, but definitely disagree with the need for a ghastly magenta colour cast.

Original colour were OK-ish as long blue is toned down just a notch, but may be a personal preference
The first one I posted wasn't meant to have anything to do with colour, just the showing verticals..
(I should have just have posted the one I posted second instead of trying to make it closer to the original)

I do agree with comments on colour in the main, now it has been pointed out, but that is not what grabbed my eye when I first looked :)

I think the photo is really great, it is a photo however where there could be many personal preferences

Back