Lake District for 5 nights

Name
Alan
Edit My Images
No
I'm going to be based in the Lake District next week for 5 nights, I'm there with my day job but going to take the camera with me in the hope I can get some time to do some photography. I probably won't be able to get the camera out until after 5pm and I'm going to be based in Workington. The only thing I have planed so far is to get to Castlerigg Stone Circle one evening but apart from that I'm open to suggestions. Would prefer if locations were within 30-45 mins of Workington but open to other suggestions as well.

All advice gratefully received.

You're reasonably handy for Wast Water which is a rather inconvenient trek from the central area.

I'm going to be based in the Lake District next week for 5 nights, I'm there with my day job but going to take the camera with me in the hope I can get some time to do some photography. I probably won't be able to get the camera out until after 5pm and I'm going to be based in Workington. The only thing I have planed so far is to get to Castlerigg Stone Circle one evening but apart from that I'm open to suggestions. Would prefer if locations were within 30-45 mins of Workington but open to other suggestions as well.

All advice gratefully received.

Every time i have been to Castlerigg it has been heaving with tourists and walkers alike, so it may be difficult to get a decent shot up there. Last time i went i ended up taking photos of the surrounding hills as the circle was so busy! Everyone thought i was mad!!!
Paul

Back