Lake District recommendations.

Name
matt
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm off to the Lake District tomorrow and we are staying in a caravan park on lake Windermere.

I'm going to do some landscape photography and I suppose I'm really asking for recommendations on some good spots around that area? We will travel around a bit too especially for any areas of interest. Also any general tips would be great.

Cheers

Matt

Would say get up early to avoid the crowds. While Keswick (my home town) is great, at the moment the Convention is on there so the crowds are at their worse (apart from August bank holiday). Agree with Kirkstone pass, and Ulswater. May want to consider Crummock Water and Ennerdale also along with Buttermere.

Esthwaite water is also nice, and Hawkshead is close. And if you wanted from there you can get the car ferry back to the Windermere side.

The Cumbria Stream Gathering is on in the Cartmel area Saturday and Sunday. If your are still about on Sat 3rd August then Cockermounth Agricultrural show should be on.

Not to put you off, just be careful if parking somewhere quiet or not so quiet that nothing is on display in the car with July and August being busy months, that is when most car crime happens.

Cheers guys, will certainly look into those.

I was at Keswick 2 months ago, and the landscape is fantastic.I went to a museum there, where a local photographer has displayed some beautiful images.

Just got back from a walk along side rydal and grassmere then up Loughrigg Fell. Great views up there.

got this at tarn hows recently. Guess it may be about 30 min the car from Windemere

Tarn Hows by oROSSo, on Flickr

That was one of the tarns I looked at going too. But we chose ullswater instead.. Alas I'm back home and back at work now. :( check out some of my shots in the landscape critique section.

Ps nice shot btw

Back