Lake Evening

Edit My Images
No
The sky came out to play this evening so I went to a local lake with the camera.. Pentax K20D & Tamron 10-24 lens.

#1 The Fisherman

f/13 l 1sec l ISO 100 l 10mm

#2 The Swans

HDR from 3 exposures

Great HDR - not to over top! Love it! (y)

Very good, but the fisherman seems to have some motion blur. Love the swans - it is anyway a more interesting and engaging composition, made all the more so by the fact that the fisherman is still there. Stunning sky too, and I like the processing.

Edit - I've just had a look at the large size on flikr, and I noticed that there is quite a lot of movement ghosting in the swans. Could you not have taken 1, perhaps 2 of the exposures and then 'created' any further exposures required in the software prior to HDR? I have tried this, and it seems to work when the HDR effect is kept reasonably low, which yours is.

Last edited:
Really good shots, I especially like the swans.

Thank you.

Great HDR - not to over top! Love it! (y)

Cheers!

Very good, but the fisherman seems to have some motion blur. Love the swans - it is anyway a more interesting and engaging composition, made all the more so by the fact that the fisherman is still there. Stunning sky too, and I like the processing.

Edit - I've just had a look at the large size on flikr, and I noticed that there is quite a lot of movement ghosting in the swans. Could you not have taken 1, perhaps 2 of the exposures and then 'created' any further exposures required in the software prior to HDR? I have tried this, and it seems to work when the HDR effect is kept reasonably low, which yours is.

All three exposures had motion in the swans because of the slowish exposures. I have to admit that I quite like the bit of motion blur in the fisherman. Thanks again for the feedback.

the swans is really good

Thanks for commenting.

Back