Lake Louise

Edit My Images
Yes
A few quick shots from Lake Louise from my Canada trip. Only arrived there after the sun had dropped below the mountains and the next day it was solid cloud so didnt get a chance to take any of the usual cyan lake shots.

Lake_Louise_IV_by_mole2k.jpg

Lake_Louise_II_by_mole2k.jpg

Lake_Louise_III_by_mole2k.jpg

Veeeeeeeeeeeery nice. Love the last one in particular. Makes your vision zoom right into the pic. Great(y)

:agree:
The last one just lept out at me #1 is pretty cool too (y) I am not so keen on #2 as the others

yep the last one. The first couple look like the horizon is of, Although looking at the trees they are all upright, so is must just be the view point of the picture. No2 also looks a bit noisey to me. If it wasn't for that, no 2 would be my no1.

I have 3 raws for shot #2 but unfortunately they dont line up that well. With a fair bit of work i imagine i could make a better less grainy version.

Thanks for the comments!

love no 3, but also like the touches of colour creeping into #2. it adds a completly new element to both the sky and foreground which isnt present in #2

Love the last shot. Top shot
What settings did you use on the camera? Is it just an illusion or is the ISO set at a higher rating on shot 2 ? Or have you tried to bring out some of the detail in the trees ?

The iso isnt any more but the shot has had more detail pushed out of it hence the grain, these are all a mild hdr from 3 raw's at 2 stop intervals. For the 2nd one i really could of done with a 4stop overexposed shot given how dark the treeline was.

These shots where all about iso200 1/40th f8.

Back