Lake of Deep Black

Edit My Images
Yes
IMG_4687.jpg

I love it.
I can imagine it hanging on the wall of one of those posh modern apartments :)

sorry it just looks wrong to me :shrug: The clouds and the sky look fake. Would be nice to see the unedited original

Sorry Neil, I should of checked before,
Guess what............... ive checked and its level (y)

Lol i gotta laugh , it's a black and white image so that would class it as fake no? through my eyes it was colour .

just giving my point, and its not in reference to the colour, the definition of the sky and clouds looks unnatural, as if its been over sharpened

just giving my point, and its not in reference to the colour, the definition of the sky and clouds looks unnatural, as if its been over sharpened
I think thats being over critical Andy its very pleasing to the eye, my eye anyway:)

If my original comment was harsh then i am sorry. No offense was meant and i hope, none taken

Andy

sorry it just looks wrong to me :shrug: The clouds and the sky look fake.

Don't think it's harsh. I agree.

I think the problem is the treatment the sky has been given it is either black or cloud. There is no difference in tone where the blues of the sky are. I think a very gentle tweak back on whatever treatment you did to the sky would make it look more real.

Don't get me wrong. It's a nice image. Great compo and a good conversion. With a small tweak this could be 11/10 if you see what I mean.

:)

I love the piccy matey I think the clouds give the picture an unsettling feeling which makes you look at the picture more (y)

I personally quite like it. Nice and sharp, good range of tones and well composed. I have to agree about some of the comments about the clouds though... something about them... just looks slightly odd. Almost as if they have been smoothed out? Not sure tbh.

Overall I like it though :)

I'm really trying hard to like these heavy contrast sky images that you keep posting, PN, but I'm afraid that it's not happening yet :shrug:. It just looks 'half finished' to me, as though you've started to create a powerful landscape by blackening the sky and then gone off for a cup of tea and forgot to come back and add any 'drama' to the rest of the scene :|. I probably sound very much as if I'm missing the point here, I know, but I can only offer you my honest opinion :shrug:.

I'm actually wondering what this might look like in negative form :naughty: - it could be a very powerful 'abstract' take on the whole scene :shrug:?

P.S. Please don't be upset with me. Much of your other work is stunning, but we can't all like everything ;).

I like it overall, dramatic and contrasty. I really enjoy the reflection at the very bottom of the frame.

Gary.

Back