Lakes Sunrise/ Sunset

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
Yes
A few from my trip to the lakes yesterday.

Sunrise at Ambleside

Sunrise7.jpg

The top of Red Bank, Elterwater

Red-Bank.jpg

I met up with another forum member Fraggle101 around lunchtime. We had a rather unproductive afternoon due to the really harsh light so we decided to head to Sandside to catch the sunset and what a sunset it was - although we missed the best of it as we were sat in the pub drinking Guinness! :bonk: :bang:

The Missed Sunset at Sandside

Sunset18.jpg

C&C most welcome.

#1 #2 stupendous!!!!

lovely colours in #1 - very tranquil looking. i want to be there! love the contrast between the foreground and land further back in #2 - nice light :)

very nice, I tried a few up in the lakes today, none came up like these though!! Are you from the lakes? The last pic at sandside is just down the road from me in Arnside :D I got a pic like that a couple o days back, not quite the same result though!! I'm guessing you were at the ship?

They are really good, i love the first and last ones, great warm soft colours

Lovely shots - all 3 of them. Really like them alot.

This is what I want to be able to do - very impressive(y)

What camera do you use?

Hi Ben, Great shots my friend!! that 400D is doing you justice!!

I got home last night after a whirlwind visit to Scotland!! i stayed at my pals and in the morning we drove upto Fort William.. then came back!!! like i said, it WAS a whirlwind trip!! the following morning (Yesterday) i went back to the Lakes then came home... it was a long day!! lol...

I'll post some pics later but im not over the moon with them... The light was bad.. :Cough:..

Thanks again for the meet.. it was nice to have some local knowlage!!

1&2 for me, particulatly 1, the 60/40 split works well, alongside some glorious light well captured.

No1 is stunning for the same reasons as Les has stated, lovely light and colour.

All very good shots though (y)

Cracking stuff number 2 for me as it makes me want to be sat there breathing it all in.

All great shots, number 2 is a stand out for me!

1 and 3 are just great I love 1 the most though!

Back