Beginner Lancarta Smartflash II with speedlights.

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
A question for Garry or any one else who knows really. I'm a little way off getting a Smartflash kit yet but something has been going through my mind.

I currently use 2x Canon 430EX II for my portrait lighting. I use them wireless using the ocf to trigger the flash. Eventually I will get some triggers but I'm wondering if its worth it if I'm going to end up with a pair of Smartflash. What I'd like to do is use two Smartflashes through brollys/softbox and then use my 430s as background lights or hair lights. Will they all work together? Assuming the Smartflash come with their own trigger system can I use that with the YongNuo YN-622C and YongNuo YN-622C-TX triggers on the 430s?

Thanks, Mike

Last edited:
Short answer:
Yes.
Long answer:
If you're using the TX, and firing the speedlights in Manual, you can fire the Smartflash's with their inbuilt optical slaves, or you can buy an extra 622 and attach the Lencarta transmitter to it. If you do this and keep it handy, you'll be able to adjust the power of the Smartflashes easily as well as the power of the speedlights.

Just a note on using Manual on speedlights whilst triggering with the 622tx, the speedlights should be in ETTL to receive the signal (it's obvious if you think about it, but it confuses many).

Short answer:
Yes.
Long answer:
If you're using the TX, and firing the speedlights in Manual, you can fire the Smartflash's with their inbuilt optical slaves, or you can buy an extra 622 and attach the Lencarta transmitter to it. If you do this and keep it handy, you'll be able to adjust the power of the Smartflashes easily as well as the power of the speedlights.

Just a note on using Manual on speedlights whilst triggering with the 622tx, the speedlights should be in ETTL to receive the signal (it's obvious if you think about it, but it confuses many).
Brilliant :D Thanks Phil (y)

Back