Landing on 27R at LHR

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
For those who do not understand what "27R" means it is simply the right hand runway with a heading of 270 degrees - they leave off the last 0. If you were approaching the landing area from the other direction you would be on the same runway, but it would be designated 9L, i.e. the left hand runway with a heading of 90 degrees.

LHR is London Heathrow.

Got it? Right, here are some pictures -

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

8)

Click on a pic for a large version ;)

Crisp clear shots lovelly.
Personally even with wheels down they look better level than slanted to my eye, yet if they are ascending it works fine.
Great shots

Great shots, I think I like the British Airways plane in #3 best. The colours are great.

There isn't a point it was an opinion, a suggestion would be some variation in the shots next time.

I guess if you're looking for a "wow" factor you'll look elsewhere, but as straight record shots they're spot on. Personally I'm always looking for the challenging shot with that elusive factor.

I knew it was 27R, I recognise the cloud ;)

There isn't a point it was an opinion, a suggestion would be some variation in the shots next time.

I was joking, but an opinion without a point would be a pointless opinion :LOL:

I guess if you're looking for a "wow" factor you'll look elsewhere, but as straight record shots they're spot on. Personally I'm always looking for the challenging shot with that elusive factor.

I knew it was 27R, I recognise the cloud ;)

I was pushed for time but it was a great location and the weather was perfect and I didn't want to miss the opportunity. Also when it comes to commercial passenger planes, I quite appreciate the mundane ;)

Good pictures, well exposed and sharp.

So....you're one of those guys I've driven past every day for the last couple of months. Did you get left alone? I saw a group of photographers being questioned by the police at that spot a couple of weeks ago. I only hope they realise the benefit of having photographers around to keep an eye open for any suspicious activities. I was in the Renaissance hotel just up the road for 2 months with a great view of the runway. Loads of pictures and I'll put a few up sometime. Bit of a backlog of stuff to do at the moment. I also got some from 27L, both take off and landing. Capturing the A380 was always my plan and I managed to get quite a few.

And....I've just been caught out by the date of the original post being resurrected. But I was still there at the time!

Last edited:
Back