Landscape on way home from Work

ppp

Edit My Images
Yes
Took this earlier, it seems to have come out darker once saved for web but what you think? Is there a picture there?

DSC_1493-edit.jpg

or is it a junker.

thanks c&c welcomed

ok its lighter on the pc but if i save the icc profile etc to make it lighter on the web its over the size limit. ARRGGGHHHHH.

can we have a bigger size limit, like 200+kb thanks lol

LOL Can't help you with the file size limits.

Great sky! I wouldn't say it's a junker, but there's maybe not enough interest in the foreground to justify the panoramic treatment?

There may be a good crop there though keeping the tower in the pic and getting closer to a 3:2 format. :)

will have a look at other crops as well, thanks CT

Hmmm..doesn't do it for me I'm afraid :( Would be interesting to see the colour version (presuming it was originally shot in colour, of course ;) )

Here is original, uncropped with nothing done to it at all

DSC_1493edit.jpg

Another option is to make the most of the foreground & crop sky to more favourable proportions :-

DSC_1493edit.jpg

WOW, that looks amazing, so different, How did you acomplise that?

Glad you liked it :)

- Duplicated layers.
- Top layer converted via channel mixer to monochrome with RED at 100% for sky.
- Bottom Layer at 100% Green for foreground.
- Used Unsharp mask on bottom layer at something like 25 pixels, 0 threshold & % strength until foreground looked right (eg. starts to pop ;) ). Used levels to get lightness right.
- Used layer mask on top layer to blend in foreground.
- Finally flattened image & then burnt in any halo's, or even cloned halo out for tower.

Layers & masks are a godsend for manipulating images, so it's worth playing with them. The CD sharing section of this forum has some great lessons that would help.

Yeah will have to start playing with them more, thanks for that

Back