Landscape or Portrait version ?

Edit My Images
No
A couple of shots taken yesterday whilst hiking around the Snowdonia mountains. I'd appreciate feedback on which version you prefer ?

thanks

Simon

tryfan-waterfall-snowdonia-3.jpg

tryfan-waterfall-snowdonia-2.jpg

I prefer the portrait version as it gives more emphasis to the stream/waterfall whilst still giving a sense of place. The stream looks much flatter and less interesting in the landscape version.

Just imho tho:)

I like the portrait version more but I'd love to see a version processed more for the water and rock than the grasses.

For this type of shot I'd normally say portrait, but in this instance I'm going to go against the grain and say I prefer the landscape version - the relationship between the stream and the background mountains works better with the extra space IMO.

For this type of shot I'd normally say portrait, but in this instance I'm going to go against the grain and say I prefer the landscape version - the relationship between the stream and the background mountains works better with the extra space IMO.

Great to go against the grain m8

But you're wrong!

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

IMHO anyway

Portrait - easily a better version, still needs work though

DD

Diagonal might work :)

The portrait version is more balanced and leads the eye, top left to bottom right,and creates more perceived DOF.

Thanks everyone for the feedback, very helpful...

Processing wise the shots haven't really had anything much - they were shot with a polariser, hence the strong colours. The sun was quite strong over on the right hand side

PP is slight luminance (+10), added contrast/sharpness and then .jpg compression for web viewing

simon

portrait as it gives scale and sense of height to the mountains, less pocesing though good piccy

I'm going to be the sole voice of agreement here. I think the waterfall looks better with more 'context' around it.

not sure which i prefer, but they both look a little overly yellow to me, of course that could be my monitor.

The Portrait version dose it for me,but both are good.

;)

Back