Laptop power bank reccomendations?

KIPAX

Seriously Likeable
Name
KIPAX Lancashire UK
Edit My Images
No
I need a powerbank for a LENOVO ideapad 510 that can be used while plugged into the laptop to keep it going as the battery is a bit naff and you can't change it in a simple way..

INPUT : 100-240V 1.7A (if that helps.. mean nowt to me)

Have spent a couple of days loking and reading reviews and am totally lost and fed up .. best to ask people who have used and can advise so here I am.. It's for laptop use only....

Any reccomendations please ? price is what it is I guess...

Last edited:
Looks perfect.. I ahve no idea what USB-C is or what all the voltage and stuff means... Do you? given the voltage info above this would work with my laptop yes? ta :)

Sorry just figured it out.. I wont plug that into the computer.. I will plug my power pack into that? so it should work OK :)

Word of warning @KIPAX

These Chinese things often don't have decoupling between charging and mains circuitry. In English this means the "universal" socket (aka death-dapter) can potentially become live at mains voltage when you charge the power bank. And because there are no (and can not be) British standard compliant safety shutters, it's very easy to make a contact and get a potentially fatal electric shock.

So, be careful. Both when charging the powerbank and when plugging your laptop in.

Last edited:
Sorry just figured it out.. I wont plug that into the computer.. I will plug my power pack into that? so it should work OK :)

Yes, it is basically a portable wall plug.

USB-c are for modern laptops that are last couple of years old, you would know if you got one, it’s the same socket as the new phones these days as well.

Just to revisit.. i was very happy with my purchase and it worked perfectly for my needs.. ... I havent had need to use it since early may (between football seasons now) and I have just checked it.. still 100% charge so not losing power while sat there doing nothing... excellent purchase :)

Back