Las Vegas - something different!

Edit My Images
No
Hi All

Been to Vegas a few times and going again in a couple of weeks.

Anyone got any suggestions for something away from the "usual" photo ops?

Vegas Strip - been there done that, but always looking for an unusual view!

Red Rock Canyon, Valley of Fire, Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam - done!

Downtown / Fremont Street - staying here as it is my favourite part of Vegas!

Neon Graveyard -booked for this trip!

Any other suggestions (y)

Thanks

Freemont St was our favorite too, sounds like you have pretty well done all Vegas has to offer...........:)

Get the helicopter tour down the strip. Either at night or during the day. It offers some great views.

Try something gritty like close up and personal street shots of the homeless there. Get meaning behind it like a rags to riches story.

While there's a lot to see in Vegas as I'm sure you know, I can't think of any 'new' ways you could shoot it.

Will be interested to hear if anyone else does.

The Neon Boneyard is a good visit - and when you get on the right part of the road, easy to find. They seem very keen that photographs are for personal use and whilst there are photo opportunities I didn't get very many good pictures as the signs are pretty piled up. Don't get me wrong, it's a good visit.

I put some up on my 500px.

There is also Ryolyte and the bottom part of Death Valley to see if you have time. Personally I really like the scenic drive around Red Rock - and if there is still snow around, Cathedral is worth a trip out to. Avoid the 95 if possible as it is possibly the most boring road in the world - unless you are into Brothels, Hot Sauce and aliens. Again, a bit of a trip out but heading out south takes you to London Bridge in Lake Haversu or further down to the border to Mexico by Yuma. Yuma State prison is a good 2 to 3 hour attraction - and going this way you see all the solar farms springing up.

Last edited:
Back