Last Minute Wedding!

Name
James Stockton
Edit My Images
Yes
Well its a long story but two of my workmates were getting married last month, they asked me ages ago to be the photographer. I said no because I didnt want them to put me before some pro as I have no wedding experience what so ever! What I didnt know though was that they didnt actually have a photograher at all. So the day before the wedding, they ask and how can I say no :eek:

It was a just a small budget wedding, only about 15 guests and at least 12 of them were from work too. I also did this for free because, a) I got the day off work, b) I still got paid for being at work, c) it meant that I had no pressure to deliver the goods. Anyway I thought I would share a few to see what you think. I have just ordered a wedding album online with 30 pics in for them too, which work also said they will reimburse me for aswell! :D Still lots to learn.

Compressed253.jpg

Compressed254.jpg

Compressed258.jpg

Compressed255.jpg

Compressed256.jpg

Compressed257.jpg

Last edited:
I think they're really good - esp the last one :) There are quite harsh shadows on the indoor ones - problem of direct flash I guess - but still look good.

:agree: stick on a diffuser! (and consider bouncing off the ceiling)

Very good. You've managed to capture some lovely skin tones. Like the one with bride and groom kissing and the last one think they're really lovely. Bet the bride and groom loved them. Job well done I think (y)

Last edited:
You could probably clone the shadow out in the 1st two with a photo editor, same goes for the unfortunate sunlight on his face, the lighting looks Ok if you can get rid of the shadows and sunspots

did he smile in any of them, If I was marrying her I'd be grinning from ear to ear

Last edited:
Some really nice images there, really love the last one :)

watch for the shadows - maybe some bouncing or diffuser next time ;)

Thanks for the comments. I know what you mean about the shadows, I tried bouncing a few off the ceiling but it was very high, also I had only had the flashgun for a week and had never actually used it before :LOL: I have a diffuser in my e-bay folder :D

difusers are excellent but if all else fails shoot the flash straight up and cellotape some white card round the back of it to bounce the light forward :)

set your flash to -1 stop always helps stop the harsh light. Also just tilt the flash up 1 notch and then you get a bit of back fill flash as wellas from the front and diminishes shadows.

Keep the tips coming! Thanks

Wish I could have another go, so many different things I would do :)

Good idea! Get them both dressed up and go out and shoot some more! That way you will have more time and a lot less pressure.

I think you did a good job at such short notice and now they will have some photos to remember their day with. Well done you!

Back