Last motocross of the year - 56k heavy

dod

TPer Emeritus
Name
Ebenezer McScrooge III
Edit My Images
Yes
Last day of the season, you'll be pleased to know, and it turned out to be way too dull. Pushing ISO800 most of the time to get a useable shutter speed. Here's the best of them anyway, the noise isn't too bad actually

no717c.jpg

no203.jpg

no11.jpg

no203a.jpg

no289.jpg

few more

no111.jpg

no1.jpg

no126.jpg

no44.jpg

no334a.jpg

I think these are all excellent. They really pop out of the photo and draw your attention to the action. You are really getting the hang of this. :thumb:

If you had not said about the noise and high ISO used I would have not noticed any issues, as it is there is still very little to complain about. :)

Brilliant - really like the shot of two riders airborne.
Lots of nice captures that would make decent cover shots:)

I asssume you make some money out of this......I'm sure the average MotoCrossers ego would love a shot of themselves in action ;)

Whoooooooooooo.... No 6! :icon_cool

Agreed - lots of good shots there. Last one is the pick for me.

Thanks guys, I really enjoy this stuff, so it's good to get some half decent results :)

DJW said:
I asssume you make some money out of this......I'm sure the average MotoCrossers ego would love a shot of themselves in action ;)

not a penny. There have been a few ask me for shots and I've given them FOC. There's actually a photog well established there with literally thousands of prints. He charges £1 for an A4 :nut: I decided not to bother competing at that sort of price. :annoyed:

dod said:
Thanks guys, I really enjoy this stuff, so it's good to get some half decent results :)

not a penny. There have been a few ask me for shots and I've given them FOC. There's actually a photog well established there with literally thousands of prints. He charges £1 for an A4 :nut: I decided not to bother competing at that sort of price. :annoyed:

Thats just silly :nut: I am not suprised that you decided against trying to compete at that level. I would however consider offering them around the motocross magazines to see what sort of a response you get. I was reading an article in one of the photo mags a couple of weeks ago about a pro that shoots just this kind of stuff and makes a healthy living from it. It had many examples of his work and I can honestly say that yous is every bit as good as his best, if not better.

Doesn't hurt to see what response you might get ;)

Steve said:
Thats just silly :nut: I am not suprised that you decided against trying to compete at that level. I would however consider offering them around the motocross magazines to see what sort of a response you get. I was reading an article in one of the photo mags a couple of weeks ago about a pro that shoots just this kind of stuff and makes a healthy living from it. It had many examples of his work and I can honestly say that yous is every bit as good as his best, if not better.

Doesn't hurt to see what response you might get ;)

I remember that article - he was making enough to afford L glass and 2 bodys.

Practical Photography - October 2005 about Jonty Edmunds, if I recall ;)

That could well be it. I know I read it on a plane journey I was making and I took a couple around that time.

Hmm, thanks guys, might be worth a try, I'll do a bit of research and see where we go :)

Back