Last one to leave

:clap: Now that I really like !!!
Lovely crisp detail and that's a very sexy B&W conversion you've done there.

It's just cropped a little too tight for my taste at the moment - I feel like the seed head and the stalk are both crammed into the frame and competing for attention. Extend the canvas top and left and you're onto an absolute winner for me.

Thanks Sarah.
The conversion used GIMP's preset B+W Film filters, Tri-X in this case. A bit of manual tweaking added, too.
Yep, I see what you mean about the crop. Not even sure where to start technique-wise to extending it! My PP isn't fantastic, so I'll leave it until I'm on my days off again (forecast heavy rain anyway) and have a lot of time :)

Slightly too little negative space - I agree with others on the tight cropping. However, a class image either way.

Extending the canvas will be challenging as the left and the top sides (the natural points of extension) have slightly amputated the lines (not a natural ending).

Thanks, Lewys.
I had a quick dabble but as there's no shortage of seed-heads kicking around, a setup re-shoot is looking more the logical option.
It'll not feel the same, or look quite the same, I know. And I'll always know.

That is one of the issues with creative art that is captured in an instant. If it is a natural set up (without preparation), I feel, rightly or wrongly, it is a better image from a personal point of view.

All being said, it is a lovely image regardless.

Back