Wild Last years efforts

Name
Mark Molloy
Edit My Images
Yes
Took this one last year with the D700 on a rare occasion that the sun managed to light up the storks feathers.This was taken right on the edge of their territory in Hungary whilst i was out with Bence Mate.I have loads of full length shots and ones showing the environment but i took this closeup just as the sun was hitting the bird.

Black Stork " Ciconia nigra" by Mark Molloy, on Flickr

not too happy with the colour Mark, cannot put my finger on it

have you tried other interpretations ........ obviously nothing wrong technically, the image just seems to lack something, for me anyway - maybe the bg is too near the colours in the bird

Now please don't get me wrong here Mark, I am just going try my best to explain why I have not given(previously) any CC or feedback on this image....I know Bence mate and the set ups he as and to be honest if you don't get a good image you're doing something drastically wrong as the fieldcraft and knowledge he as is second to none, and that's the issue here with this shot as in my eyes its a cracking image ,but as said I wouldn't expect anything else ,I love the colour ,the composition the way the beak is going through the feathers puts it all in proportion and suits the tight frame , I wasn't going to offer CC purely based on the shot being as I put it a pay per view ,but then again I thought again, its what you do which you openly admit to so why not ,a lot say I wouldn't pay xxxx amount on set ups and I for one are one of them ,but if I had the money and time and I needed to see a subject I wouldn't normally ever get the chance to see then I would do it,i don't get me wrong i get more out of a image were I have worked for but that's my choice just like yours is for the images you get ,am I jealous well of course I am but in a curiously inspiring way .....Hope all that makes sense

Now please don't get me wrong here Mark, I am just going try my best to explain why I have not given(previously) any CC or feedback on this image....I know Bence mate and the set ups he as and to be honest if you don't get a good image you're doing something drastically wrong as the fieldcraft and knowledge he as is second to none, and that's the issue here with this shot as in my eyes its a cracking image ,but as said I wouldn't expect anything else ,I love the colour ,the composition the way the beak is going through the feathers puts it all in proportion and suits the tight frame , I wasn't going to offer CC purely based on the shot being as I put it a pay per view ,but then again I thought again, its what you do which you openly admit to so why not ,a lot say I wouldn't pay xxxx amount on set ups and I for one are one of them ,but if I had the money and time and I needed to see a subject I wouldn't normally ever get the chance to see then I would do it,i don't get me wrong i get more out of a image were I have worked for but that's my choice just like yours is for the images you get ,am I jealous well of course I am but in a curiously inspiring way .....Hope all that makes sense

Den- no issues with what you have said. Again i prefer the images i work for however Im happy to pay if its for things i know i wont get myself or at least get anything worth while.i want to see various wildlife and not just restrict myself to local wildlife so i can put in the hours myself. Den you do loads with little owls and have put in the work but that may in a way restrict you from going further afield and trying other things and thats where i differ, i get shots then move onto another subject whether it be local or further away. Im off for winter golden eagles in the mountains and bears/wolves in the forrest as well but dont fancy stalking those.lol

Last edited:
Funny you mentioned about going further afield, I'm off to Berlin next month, I may have something different to photograph,my wife as given me a day to myself, unfortunately rolf who is helping me out is not available on the days I am visiting, just hope I get something on the day

Back