Review Lastolite Ezybalance Grey Card Review

tc4

Edit My Images
Yes
I've been taking a few indoor photos lately and realised most of my pictures were coming out with a yellow/orange tint even with a flash.
Upon research I realised it was to do with my auto white balance setting. I found out what a grey card was and here are the results:

Before
IMG_0647.jpg

Set Custom WB
IMG_0641.jpg

Result
IMG_0651.jpg

IMG_0653.jpg

Only cost me £17 from Amazon and it saves me spending time adjusting WB on Lightroom.

What a difference! Right, I'm off to look at ordering one from Amazon then!

Yes an excellent product.

Looks great that!

Jessops stock these for roughly the same price as Amazon so if you don't want to wait, just go to your local.

Great results (y) might have to go order one myself, now know why my indoor pics were turning out yellow/orange(y)

A[L]C;3530353 said:
How do you use them?

Take a picture of the grey card making sure it fills the view of your camera. Go into camera setting, choose custom WB and then select the picture you've just taken.

Take a picture of the grey card making sure it fills the view of your camera. Go into camera setting, choose custom WB and then select the picture you've just taken.

Alternatively you can use the photo of the card to set white balance in post by selecting the card with the eyedropper

Last edited:
I've heard of grey cards but never seen how they are mean't to be properly used. Thanks for clearing that up.

One question, do you have to use a certain metering mode for it to work correctly?

I've heard of grey cards but never seen how they are mean't to be properly used. Thanks for clearing that up.

One question, do you have to use a certain metering mode for it to work correctly?

You'll need to expose the card properly but as long as you do that I dont think it matters. I just use manual and check the histogram, so doing this you could set the exposure using spot metering with the card centred

Back