Latest purchase

Edit My Images
Yes
Got myself a G9, didn't I?

Had a little play, AWESOME bit of kit, everything is exactly how I want it, it's easy to use and has all the features that make Canon DSLRs so great. It's also big and heavy, which I quite like, shows that it's built like a tank and can take a good drop or two :D Plus I don't like cameras small and fiddely, one of the reasons I upgraded my 400D to a 40D, was too small for my hands, didn't like the grip. The G9s grip is awesome though, feels almost like a DSLR and is VERY comfortable :)

Love the manual focus, manual apature and shutter speed settings, dedicated ISO wheel, custom settings on the main wheel...it's just brilliant!

Great quality too, taking it to Benicassim music festival tomorrow so will get some awesome shots there.

Also gave it a test with my 430ex and OC-E3 off-camera shoe cord, works brilliantly! (Plus the G9 dosn't look as stupid as if it was mounted on top!).

All for £290 including Royal Mail Special Delivery...pretty good deal from Amazon.

Nice one. Have fun.

I have the G9 to and it sure does take the knocks. My wife had it over her shoulder the other day and then went to wash her hands forgetting about it. It sure did make a crack when it fell off into the sink, then had a bath in the water.

The camera is fine, not even a scratch on it (although you wouldn't expect one from enamel), the wash doesn't seem to have hurt it either. Of course I'm not recommending you to try this out lol

Yeah the G9 takes RAW, you can even get it to take RAW and Jpeg at the samt time like the SLR's

Back