Latest Shoot - Mitsubishi

Marcos James

I've Got Orsum Mates..
Name
Marcos James
Edit My Images
Yes
Had fun on Sunday shooting this, owner was a little obsessive over his car though each time he moved it he'd clean the wheels. Even stopped me from shooting when he spotted a fly on the bonnet.

picture-1.jpg

picture-4.jpg

picture-2.jpg

picture-3.jpg

picture-5.jpg

Client is over the moon with the pictures, just wondered what you lot thought.

Last edited:
If that is a real Tommy, i can understand him being protective of it, they are rare as hens teeth. Loving the pictures of it, unsure about the head tilter at the top, but i think the others work brilliantly, good use of the abndoned warehouse too(y)

Love the captures and the car - but its a rally car (well replica) its meant to get muddy/dirrrty!

Stunning car!
Really love the lighting in #3 (y)

Thanks, tbh 3 was a mistake to start off with as I underexposed it but then realised it may work so kept it.

some nice shots there! And the car is gorgeous!

i think 2 would look better without the white lines though.

Thought 2 worked using the lines :shrug:

If that is a real Tommy, i can understand him being protective of it, they are rare as hens teeth. Loving the pictures of it, unsure about the head tilter at the top, but i think the others work brilliantly, good use of the abndoned warehouse too(y)

Yes it is a genuine Tommi edition, thanks for the comments.

Love the captures and the car - but its a rally car (well replica) its meant to get muddy/dirrrty!
Couldn't imagine him ever getting it dirty tbh. Thnks.

Great shots the lighting in #3 is crackin, i like the use of the road(?) markings too..

It was on a car park on a trading estate, explained about 3 further up, thanks. (y)

Not getting a rally car dirty should be a crime. Lovely looking car though, I prefer it without the decals though, or at the most a red one with the TME stripe.

A few nice shots there, I personally don't like 3 though.
2 Is my favourite and I like the lines on the ground as it draws the eye.

Don't be afraid to ask the owner to put some lock on the front wheels to make it look a bit more dynamic.

Also, IMO when a photographer uses angles it is because the shot is otherwise boring. Try to avoid them, move around the car to find the best views of it and try high up views aswell as low.

HTH

A few nice shots there, I personally don't like 3 though.

Thanks but why?

2 Is my favourite and I like the lines on the ground as it draws the eye.

Thanks just wish I had asked him to move the car slighly to the right as if the line lead you to the number on the car or even the front.

Don't be afraid to ask the owner to put some lock on the front wheels to make it look a bit more dynamic.

Afraid?? It was me that wanted the wheels straight. :shrug:

Also, IMO when a photographer uses angles it is because the shot is otherwise boring. Try to avoid them, move around the car to find the best views of it and try high up views aswell as low.

The location was far from "boring" the rest of the shots posted are straight, I have plenty of it straight in that location just thought I would add an "angled" one. Each to their own I suppose a lot of peope have said they like it.

Brilliant shots but I'm sure I've saw these a while ago, perhaps on the MLR?

Anyway love the shots, number 3 for me is outstanding due to contrast of the dark and light.

Great images - number 3 is awsome

Cheers.

Brilliant shots but I'm sure I've saw these a while ago, perhaps on the MLR?

Anyway love the shots, number 3 for me is outstanding due to contrast of the dark and light.

Yes they are on MLR too.
Thanks alot. (y)

Thanks but why?

Thanks just wish I had asked him to move the car slighly to the right as if the line lead you to the number on the car or even the front.

Afraid?? It was me that wanted the wheels straight. :shrug:

The location was far from "boring" the rest of the shots posted are straight, I have plenty of it straight in that location just thought I would add an "angled" one. Each to their own I suppose a lot of peope have said they like it.

All just my opinion, but let me explain:

I'm not keen on 3 because it just looks fake - clearly a lot of pp on that although at least you didn't use HDR!

Ok I phrased that the wrong way about the wheels - I didn't mean afraid, more that you should try it as it can give that shot that extra depth.

Sorry if I upset you :shrug: - you did ask what we thought and I was truthfull :rules:

Nah not upset me at all, that was the reason asked why.

A lot of people on here state they don't like things but never say the reason why they don't.

Or they can easily compliment people on pictures when clearly there is something drastically wrong with them.

They're all good shots but there's something about #3 that doesn't sit right for me.

I think it's the lack of ground and the rest of the car lost in shadow, it reminds me of one of those mime type acts where they wear a white mask and stand in front of a black background so that all you see is the mask (does that make sense?)

IMHO, I think for this one I'd have liked to have seen some ground and maybe throw some light to the left, to me it looks like the car is just floating.

I can see what you were trying to achieve and I think it's a great idea. I wonder how it might have looked if you were able to throw some smoke up in the path of the light from the window as well?

#5 - I love the lead-in with the arrow

Glad the client liked the shots after all that's what it's all about!

love them all, love the car too. #3 is very nice indeed, maybe wish there was slightly more of the car lit but still works for me. like #2 alot, if I had to offer any crit I would have preffered the car in the right of the frame with the line leading up to it but again thats just personal preference and no detriment to the image. Big (y) from me

Number 2 for me!

5 looks like it could work really well but I think the angle of the detracts from it. I'd have been tempted to move the car 'righ hand down' a little bit to show a little more side, it looks like it's positioned neither full on front or 3/4. But hey, that's hindsight, I've done a lot worse!

Does that even make sense? :LOL:

Number 2 for me!

5 looks like it could work really well but I think the angle of the detracts from it. I'd have been tempted to move the car 'righ hand down' a little bit to show a little more side, it looks like it's positioned neither full on front or 3/4. But hey, that's hindsight, I've done a lot worse!

Does that even make sense? :LOL:

Thanks for that Dean, I know what you mean, perhaps a location I may go back to as I have some other ideas around there now. So maybe try your suggestion.

Back