Laughter

Name
Keith
Edit My Images
No
I took some shots of a group of three friends a couple of weeks ago. They each picked a favourite image and I was quite surprised that they each chose the ones of them laughing the most rather than some more serious ones... we did have a laugh though! Any good?

laugh011.jpg

laugh021.jpg

laugh031.jpg

Flashy

Last edited:
must say I do like those!
nicely exposed too - (y)

They made me smile :)

All good, but the second has the most 'sparkle'-reminds me of a young Goldie Hawn

They made me smile :)

All good, but the second has the most 'sparkle'-reminds me of a young Goldie Hawn

Yes - oh I loved her so much! :love:

All three are really nice shots. I can see why your friends were impressed.

Funnily enough - having looked at them all, number 3 was the one that made me smile too ... almost with the model.

Good shots all of them.

Anth.

Thanks for the kind comments, DizMatt & magpieant :)

Just as an aside, there was quite a big edit on the blonde girl. She was wearing a huge watch which I thought spoiled the picture, so I cloned it out. Quite a tough clone as there wasn't much left of her arm to pick from. Looking at it now I think it still could do with some more fine tuning but on the whole I'm not unhappy with it.

Crop of original image with watch:

laugh04.jpg

Considering I'm not a "people person" (notice how nearly all of my photo efforts seem to be landscapes or still life - only once did I do a "proper" portrait shoot and that was of my sister's) those three shots really appealled to me.
There's two things about them that did it for me: 1) The clean white background - that's the hallmark of a professional photographer. And 2) The totally relaxed nature of those people. It made such a change to see people not looking all serious and "rigidly posed for the camera".
Well done, a great effort. It almost has the effect of making me want to do people shots, even though it's not my forte.

What DID you do to make them look so happy, come to think of it?!

Last edited:
...What DID you do to make them look so happy...

A liberal dose of vodka washed down with a nice Sauvignon Blanc usually does it! :naughty:

Just kidding, alcohol usually just makes the sitters eyes go funny (mine too come to think of it... :thinking:)! Actually, I just tried to make the session as informal and relaxed as possible and get them to loosen up a bit and have a laugh about it. The trick is being ready to fire at the right moment and be prepared to have to sift through a lot of chaff to find the wheat!

Thanks for the comments! :)

Back