Layered view of London

Edit My Images
No
Took some pics the other day which looked rubbish on their own so I layered them in Photoshop and made this. Not sure what people's view is on stuff like this. If this forum isn't the place for it then accept my apologies.

tvc_roof_01.jpg

fingerz said:
Right. I'll take that as a 'no' then. Sorry.

Nope its in the right place..some people take their time to respond to certain pictures. Rather than jump in with "thats good" they will try to be more helpful by offering valid critique and that my friend takes time. :)

i like the idea but i dont like the effect, i would say that you need to blend the layers in together to get a seemless effect, using something like layer masks and graduated layers, i cant think how to do it at the moment as ive just got in, give me some time and i will look it up...

Ah right. Cheers guys.

Just so you know, I was actually going for that effect. I've done it before deliberately. This time it was more because I couldn't get any good single captures but I did intend to produce that 'blurred but still sharp' kind of thing.

Not really my cuppa to be honest, although I've got nothing against combining images in this way. The main thing is it's post processing experience and practice and from that point of view it can only be good. Now you've got the general hang of the technique, use a little imagination and take some shots with a view to combining them in the first place, see what you can come up with. :thumb:

CT said:
...take some shots with a view to combining them in the first place, see what you can come up with.

Yeah I've done that before. Here's some I did about a year ago before I had a DSLR. These were just done using a little Sony DSC-P32 and Photoshop.

croydon_skyline.jpg

train_journey.jpg

train_overlayed.jpg

I kinda like that. Its quite a funky effect. I like the 2nd shot more. Nice colours.

the 2 shots out the train window work better for me

Back