Leaping Salmon

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
Yes
Salmon spawn in the River Taff at this time in the year .. Here's a quick effort from tonight...Think I'll be there for sunrise tomorrow :)

1955019141_1a01a1a998_o.jpg

So, how did I know it would be there, well just 2 months after my first digital camera purchase in 2007, I was walking in my local park, the River Taff runs through it and caught this in 2007

313066061_19fee86830.jpg

Got to be honest, I'm loving photography at the moment.
Cheers,
Neil

Brilliant picture, but aren't you a year ahead of the rest of us, or is there a reason it's dated 2008?

Love it, Chewy. I've never had an opportunity to see leaping salmon on my travels :( Did you see any Bulmers moving upstream whilst you was there? ;)

Interesting subject, well captured. Looking forward to some more pics!

I might just do that you know. Wales is only an hour or two away and I have plenty of time to burn these days :)

Dating mis-hap Hmmmm? I won't ask :woot:

First shot is a stunning capture Chewy.:clap:
Dean:)

Hey Neil: where on the Taff did you manage to catch this leaping salmon...? Heather would love to pop there for a few shots if we knew where it was.

John - Give me a shout when you want to go and I'll meet you there :) It's by the Weir in the Castle Grounds, Lovely walk up the Taff to the Weir, as as long as it hasn't rained you can get some cracking vantage points....
OK Neil thanks... not sure if it will be in the week as it's difficult to get there with Heather who I know will want to come. Maybe for a few hours next weekend... I'll let you know. Thanks for the offer though, much appreciated and would love to take you up on it.

Back