Leaving on a Jet Plane

Name
Renee
Edit My Images
Yes
I know when I'll be back again..... Well the family and I are flying to Syracuse NY to buy a house tomorrow. It is currently -4 c and there is roughly a foot of snow on the ground. I can't believe that it's April!!! Anyway I should have the internet at my Mom's house but we'll be so busy trying to find a house I will probably be out of commission till the 19th or so. But as soon as I've found the house I'll post pics and make you all jealous with the low low house prices. Wish me luck with a 3 year old and jet lag!

**Updated with pics at bottom!**

Good luck Renee - very jealous! That snow sounds awesome and at least you know a thaw is on its way.

Look forward to seeing some pics when you're all settled (y)

Good luck with it all Renee (y) and keep in touch.

Good luck with the house purchase Renee. Have you seen the one you want to buy, or is this a house hunting mission? The prices are dirt cheap compared to the UK, and one of my many reasons for wanting leave this country.

Mini we've got it narrowed down to 11. We see 5 the first day and 6 the next spend one day thinking and pricing what needs to be done and then we go back on the 4th day to take a 2nd look at our final 3. We then prepare an offer on our first choice at the end of the day. Hopefully having everything agreed before we leave on day 6! My Mom will have power of attorney to close the sale.

:eek: Wow! That sounds like a lot of work - and very stressful too. Hope it all goes ok and you find the house you want!

Im stonkingly jealous renee.

Can I come with? I'll fit neatly into a large suitcase, and I can cook and clean :D You'll never even know Im there...lol

Oh-Oh Stress alert!
Moving house is not easy and across a continent or two...

Dont forget the corkscrew... best bit of kit ever invented by man

Luckily the military pay and do all the packing!

Well we bought my mom an imac yesterday so now I have internet access. We saw 11 (yes that is correct) houses yesterday! Let me just say the state that some of these people lived in was disgusting and one house we litterally opened the door said no and left it stunk of cat and dog feces... GROSS! Out of the 11 one stood out and another is a possibility but both are at the top end of our budget so today we are seeing 8 more today. We still aren't on US time and my husband and I woke up at 3am this morning. It is going to be a long day. On the plus side the 3 year old is fine and was better than us on the plane. Well that is it for now.

Just wanted to tell you that an offer the offer we made on the house was accepted!!! Yeah!

Glad to hear things are coming together Renee.

wohoo Nice one Renee :) do we get to see some pics? just to make us all jealous :(

Thats great news Renee!

Any idea of when you'll be finally leaving our fair isle?

That looks ace...Which bedroom is mine then?

We will all have to get together again before you go renee

$135k for a 4 bed place... I so wish I could move to the States.... :shake:

see what you mean about the real estate photography Renee :|

I really like this as an image! who needs to see the carpet...or anything but that corner :p
168745006xq1.jpg

Just seen it on a map looks like a nice neighbourhood too :D Plenty of pools in the back gardens around there!

And 'Central Park' is only a couple of blocks away according to the map :LOL:

The photography sucks... but the house looks great. Congrats on your new purchase! next TPF meet at yours then?

Ok I forgot to take a pic of the front of the house but here are some of inside. I used my Mom's point and shoot and at its widest it is 33mmso they aren't great at all but I'm still chuffed.

Entrance:
458020634_fcf58e30a1_o.jpg

Living Room (and my realtor):
458020636_0700cf6a1c_o.jpg

Dining Room:
458020638_e35f10904f_o.jpg

Kitchen:
458020642_66eee293df_o.jpg

Playroom/family room in basement:
458020648_80136685d3_o.jpg

Backyard:
458036253_81831c7429_o.jpg