Leaving Present

Edit My Images
Yes
hi
Today i left my place of work i have been going to for the last 38years as a rose grower, and the guys and gals and boss there had a whip round and treated me to a Canon BG-E3 battery grip and a Canon EF-S 17-85mm 4-5.6 IS USM lens, hows about that then.:thumb:
My new place of work is at the garden centre, up the same drive i have travelled for the last 38 years, working for the same family but this time i turn left at the top of the drive, instead of turning right.:smilenod:

What no 17-40mm f4 L?

I'd take it back immediately!

Seriously though, sounds like they'll be really sad to see you go :ponders:

Bet the car still wants to turn right? :)

Great Leaving present.....best I ever got was a 40 pint box of Smiles Bitter ;)

Well done! The 17-85 EF-S is a cracker, a really useful lens. ;)

38 years!

Guess it might be time for a change :ponders:

I only managed 25 in one stretch - but I was tied to that job.

So are you still full time or more leisured now? And what does a rose grower do anyway? production or developing the next prize winner..or ?

Nice one, it must show that they liked you m8.........or they were glad to get shut :exit:

Only messin m8, they've bought you some great kit, enjoy the next chapter of your life m8, and get snapping with that lens :)

Good'n....I reckon you were well thought of there :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

regards

Good on yer Stev ... I bet you are really pleased and really sad at the same time then !

Good luck in the new job m8 - do you get a golden handshake from the new bunch too ... can you ask for the 17-40mm then ?

well done Steve, not many people stick at the same thing for 38 years!!!

wow thank you all indeed, i am feeling rather low at the moment, but also looking forward to a new challenge at the same time, so here's to the last 12 years before retiring.
thank you one and all

Old memories and new adventures:clap:

Grip is brilliant, and then a lens, shouldnt put things in a material perspective but it definately sounds like you'll be missed as much as you'll miss them.

Good Luck in the new role:)

(and dont forget its left LLLEEEEFFFTTTT!!!!!!!):thumb:

Timmemans of Woodborough, glen, so if you are in the area sometime in the next milenia...

I'm familier with woodborough but can't pitcure where that is, only can remember a couple of pubs down that way.

Back