Lee Filters Universal Hood

Name
Barry
Edit My Images
No
Does anyone have or use one of the Lee Filters Universal Lens Hoods?

As with all things Lee, the hoods are far from being cheap and I was just wondering, considering the cost if they were a worthwhile addition to a landscape camera bag.

I have one. You can see it pretty much straight away with a 24mm lens with 2 grad slots. Due to this I only use it when shooting with my 90mm.

Thanks for the help Ross. Can I take it from your post that anything below 90mm can cause vignetting? I'm looking to use one on a Nikon 24-70 lens.

Thanks for the help Ross. Can I take it from your post that anything below 90mm can cause vignetting? I'm looking to use one on a Nikon 24-70 lens.
I only shoot with a 24mm and a 90mm albeit I do have a 50mm. I could take some pictures with each of my lens showing how much you can pull it out before you notice it if it would help

It's OK, thanks for the offer though Ross. I managed to speak to one of the staff at Robert White in Poole, he assured me the normal Universal Hood will be OK with the 24-70mm lens. The hood needs to be collapsed on itself for the 24mm end though. He also said anything below the 24mm will need the larger, Wide Angle Hood.

Thanks for all the help.

I had one, and just sold it on this forum as I sold my Big Stopper and have moved to electronic long exposures.
Its very well made, and works well, but not at wide angle.
Even collapsed I did find it vignetted a little at 24mm despite having also been assured by Lee that it wouldnt.
Its not much and really not a big problem, but sorta defeats the purpose.
So, from my own experience if you are shooting at say 40-50mm and above then it will be absolutely fine, if below that then the extra for the wide angle hood is probably money well spent.

Thanks for the help Creo, really appreciated. Sorry to say I didn't see your hood on the TP For Sale section until it was to late.

Back