Legends of industry (56k)

Name
Ken
Edit My Images
Yes
In no particular order...all shot the other night.

_MG_4008%20copy%202.jpg

_MG_4014%20copy.jpg

_MG_4203%20copy.jpg

_MG_4212%20copy.jpg

_MG_4214%20copy.jpg

_MG_4240%20copy3.jpg

train%202.jpg

TFL.
Ken.

Wow, stunning set of shots (y) Really get the impression of a busy yard from the set as a whole. Favourite has got to be no3 - I was instantly reminded of watching Thomas the Tank Engine when I was younger :LOL::shrug:
Not too keen on the ghosts though

hi ken
lovely set mate, and i see you are still dab hand with the HDR. Where is this please..

hi ken
lovely set mate, and i see you are still dab hand with the HDR. Where is this please..

Hi mate. None are HDR! they were taken at Tanfield Railway the other night.
Thanks for the comments.
Ken.

one word, WOW! :clap:

Crikey - now these are class images Ken, I love them. My personal fav is the last one.

Thanks for sharing these.

superb set of shots - well done you! (y)

Hi mate. None are HDR! they were taken at Tanfield Railway the other night.
Thanks for the comments.
Ken.

then thats even more impressive, the contrast is fantsatic..:clap:

these work really well with long exposures. The first one does look at bit HDR. It's probably because you caught it at the right time/light to get that look.

Truly stunning Ken.
For non-HDR shots they are genius:clap:
Dean:)

Beautiful series, I enjoy looking, thanks for sharing :clap:

Stunning. Superb processing on those, esp #2, #3, #5, #7 :clap::clap::clap:

Those shots are excellent! well done! cant find fault with them at all :)

great set there ken(y)
well done

Wow thanks everyone for the comments...didn't expect to many replies being in the transport section.
these work really well with long exposures. The first one does look at bit HDR. It's probably because you caught it at the right time/light to get that look.
I used flash on all but two of the above shots, that may have something to do with it....but promise they are not hdr. Exif should be included in all the shots.
Many thanks again for the comments. I'll post some of the others once I get round to processing them.
Ken.

Can't add anymore than has already been said, but stunning work :clap:. Is Tannfield Railway a good place to visit, talked about taking the family there a few times but just never got round to it.

Excellent set of shots. Hope to visit the Tanfield Railway one day.

(y) Very nicely done.
I have to agree about the ghosts though, I don't think that works. But the rest are superb.

Thanks again for the further comments......
Is Tannfield Railway a good place to visit, talked about taking the family there a few times but just never got round to it.
Thanks mate, I'm not into trains but this is the second time I have been. The first was a Victorian Bank Holiday weekend.....The staff all dress in period costume, so it is a great photo opportunity. This visit was specifically for photographers, they had all the trains out while carrying out maintenance and cleaning for photographs prior to the main event over the weekend "The Legends of Industry"....apparently some of these engines have not been seen in this area for many years and bearing in mind that Tanfield Railway is the oldest working railway in the world and has the oldest surviving railway bridge in the world.....I'd say it was worth a visit. The trains run pretty regular and obviously at a cost you can ride some of the line. I don't know if there is a full day there though, both times I have gone alone as I am sure the wife and kids would not enjoy waiting while I took pics. Keep an eye on there website as they often hold special themed days which are worth taking the camera for!
Thanks again for all the comments.
Ken.

Great set. They have a 'KenCo1964' look to them - not HDR ;)

Brilliant use of light - even when viewed on a not so good laptop screen!

Back