Leica III - where to buy?

Name
Rob
Edit My Images
No
Hi guys,

I need a Leica III body as a prop, preferably a IIIc but it doesnt matter which specific model as long as it is the same shape.

It doesn't need to work and the more brassed the better.

Apart from ebay, do you guys know of any other places i could pick one up for a reasonable price?

Thanks for any help!

Rob

If you only need it as a prop why are you buying... :shrug:

Even the IIIc does not come that cheap... :cautious: ...unless money is no object of course... :naughty:

:p

Just saw one go on ebay for £100. Missed it though :(

The FED's look pretty close, but i need the Leica engraving on the top for any close in images.

I wonder if i could get an FED top plate smoothed and then re-engraved?

You could try MWclassic. If its only to photograph and then return; he would be, I think, willing to do a deal of sell and buy-back at a very reasonable cost

I ued to get my leica stuff from the classic camera in london, not sure if they're still going or not but they used to hold most models, probably out of your budget though as a dealer

Try a cinema prop rental company ,there are plenty in london, or rent one from a second hand shop on full payment and if returned they pay you back say 80% . This happens all the time.

Just saw one go on ebay for £100. Missed it though :(

The FED's look pretty close, but i need the Leica engraving on the top for any close in images.

I wonder if i could get an FED top plate smoothed and then re-engraved?

There used to be Russian/Ukranian sellers with FEDs that had been doctored to look like Leicas available on Ebay....

I bought an FED-1 from a russian seller for £40 inc postage. Very tidy. Cant wait for it to arrive.
An engraver in town said he should be able to copy the Leica top plate for a fairly low price - it doenst have to be perfect, but i would like it to be close.

Victor, do you still have your Leica then?! I thought you sold it already?

I bought an FED-1 from a russian seller for £40 inc postage. Very tidy. Cant wait for it to arrive.
An engraver in town said he should be able to copy the Leica top plate for a fairly low price - it doenst have to be perfect, but i would like it to be close.

Victor, do you still have your Leica then?! I thought you sold it already?

Sold the M4 but still got the M2................still waiting for the M9 to arrive

Sold the M4 but still got the M2................still waiting for the M9 to arrive

I thought you bought the 5DII instead of the M9! Christ - do you ave any jobs going at your firm? ;)

I would love your M2, but i need a camera that looks like i is from the early 1940's. I think this FED copy should be fine, especially if i can get it re-engraved cheaply.

Its fully working copy, so i will see what the images are like - it might even be quite good, who knows!?

I thought you bought the 5DII instead of the M9! Christ - do you ave any jobs going at your firm? ;)

I would love your M2, but i need a camera that looks like i is from the early 1940's. I think this FED copy should be fine, especially if i can get it re-engraved cheaply.

Its fully working copy, so i will see what the images are like - it might even be quite good, who knows!?

No.........I got rid of the 40D and replaced it with the 5DII, the M9 has now been on order for nearly 4 weeks.......post up some pics when you get it.

Whats these pics for anyways??

Back