Lencarta 3-Head Studio Flash Kit + Softboxes reflectors

Edit My Images
No
Hi

I am thinking of getting into portrait photography (probably more children) and was looking at the Lencarta kit would this be a good kit to get as my starter kit (I am new to photography also). I have been reading reviews on it and for the money it seems to be the best kit to choose from.

My only fear would be the recycle times stating 2-4 seconds. Would this be ok for photographing children and groups as others are stating 0.6-1 second recycle times.

Hope you can help :bang:

Many thanks
Baz

In my studio:LOL:

Baz,
You're talking about the one sold on Ebay. It's good for the money but not as good as the new ElitePro range, which has removable reflectors (standard Bowens S fitting), a vast range of accessories available, more power, more adjustment, brighter modelling lamps, much faster recycling etc etc.

Horses for courses really, the one on Ebay will cost you less, includes a lot of accessories and will definately do the job, the ElitePro is more versatile and will grow with you if you get bitten by the lighting bug...

I got the one on Ebay last year ( just before the new ones came out grrr:( ) I'm sure the extra power etc would be useful but the 3 head setup seems to work fine.

If you don't have it on full power it recharges quick enough for what i do.

I have recently bought the Lencarta ElitePro 2 head kit (which I added another flash head to it) and couldn’t have wanted more.
The kit is made of good solid stuff and is reassuringly tight, as in, nothing rattles or is flimsy. The heads are large and at 300W are powerful enough for setup.

I have learnt in the past with photographic equipment, is to really push your budget as far as it will go as in the long run, if you buy cheap, you WILL need to replace it sometime. When I started off with cameras I bought a 400D which was great, but I bought all budget lenses, which I soon realised I needed to get better stuff, so sold it all and went for much more quality, which ended up costing me more.

If you do buy inferior flashes then expect some problems (or not, you may be lucky) but if you want to keep doing it for any period of time, you may come to regret buying it and want to buy a better set … costing you.

Would it be advisable to purchase a softbox at the same time as the elite pro kit. Or is this something I should purchase at a later stage.:thinking:

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their kind advise it is very much appreciated.(y)

Baz

I'm actually just in the process of upgrading the flash heads and will be looking to sell on at least 2 of them soon.

I have the 3 head set and only now used it twice but as already said, the recycle times are barely noticable, especially at lower output. I think I got one shot that wasn't lit from about 100 of my daughter and that was because I still had camera set on continuous shooting and just held shutter button depressed a tad too long. I doubt even an elinchrom would have recycled quickly enough for 6fps :LOL:

However, as with all these things, go with the best you can afford, if the 3 head is anything to judge by, the elite kit will be well wrth the money (y)

Back