Lens Cleaning Issue

Edit My Images
Yes
Hello all,

I was out and about the other day and saw my lens had a few specs of dust on the front. Not wanting to touch the lens I blew on it from a distance and in my haste I managed to blow a couple of speckles of spit on the lens.

What is the best way to remove these (now dried) speckles from the lens without damaging it or making it worse?

Cheers.

You'd have done better to remove it straight away before it dried. I think you need to get the spit moist again - dont start rubbing it at it while it's hard, you're likely to damage the lens coating or scratch the lens. I'd just dab it with a moist cloth until it's nice and wet. You can use lens cleaning fluid if you have it, but apply it from a cloth - not directly to the lens, it's too strong to use directly and can remove the lens coating.

Once it's moist gently wipe it away with a soft lint free cloth, breathing on the lens and lightly cleaning with a soft cloth to finish off and remove any streaks.

get yourself a rocket blower for next time
and a lens pen

It won't leave a smear mark on the lens will it??

Will something like a spectacle cleaning cloth be OK to use?

I would just blow on it again to moisten it again with your breath then give it a good rub with a lens cloth.

Back