Lens cleaning

Edit My Images
No
Hey guys. I brought a canon 10-22mm wide angle off ebay, in great condition
and loving it.But at it's full zoom im getting black dots that looks like dirt, ive cleaned it thoroughly several times now and still having the same result.
Any suggestions of what it might be and what i can do to get rid of them?
luckily i can clone them out in photoshop. But i shouldn't have to.
:bang:

Are you sure the dirt is on the lens and not on the sensor?

Can you see the black dots through the viewfinder when you are taking photos? Are they still there when you use a different lens?

It sounds like dust on the sensor itself.

Be careful buying 2nd hand lenses and check them out carefully. It's possible to get fungus on the internal lens surfaces which can take several forms including black spots. Havong said that you wouldn't see any spots on your shots with fungus, in a worst case scenario, it would be the definition which would be affected.

It highly likely to be just sensor dust. :)

Are you sure the dirt is on the lens and not on the sensor?

Can you see the black dots through the viewfinder when you are taking pho
tos? Are they still there when you use a different lens?

the problem doesn't occure using my other lenses but thanx for the suggestion.

It sounds like dust on the sensor itself.

Be careful buying 2nd hand lenses and check them out carefully. It's possible to get fungus on the internal lens surfaces which can take several forms including black spots. Havong said that you wouldn't see any spots on your shots with fungus, in a worst case scenario, it would be the definition which would be affected.

It highly likely to be just sensor dust. :)

If it was sensor dust wouldn't it come up on the rest of my lenses?

Having just re-read your first post, can you confirm that this problem ONLY occurs at the 22mm end? Are other focal lengths clear of the problem?

Having just re-read your first post, can you confirm that this problem ONLY occurs at the 22mm end? Are other focal lengths clear of the problem?

Yeah pretty sure its at 22mm. :)

Back