Lens for my d50

does anyone use any of these lenses or can advise a good lens for my d50

does anyone use any of these lenses or can advise a good lens for my d50

Dont have any of the lenses you have linked to, I have to 70-300 VR. The type of lens your after depends upon budget and what you are going to be shooting. Both of the lenses you are looking at are more than capable, the choice is ultimately the end use of the lens, do you need 300mm? If so thats the one to buy.

well i am not sure you see i am quite new to photography bu i like to shoot buildings and scenery and views so

Mr Bing,

I hope I'm not just going to confuse the issue here, but unless you are shooting in a different way to most people for buildings and scenery, I would have thought something starting around a range of 20mm going up to 100mm is what you are after.

The reason I say this is that for scenery i.e. landscape, people tend to use a wider angle of view, as low as 10mm in some cases and I tend to use a 17-55 (Nikon also do an 18-55) and your camera also has a crop factor of 1.5x. I use about the same range for the odd occasion where I shoot buildings. There are some people who shoot landscapes with a 70-200 and are very successful with it, but the majority use a wider lens.

So, my recommendation would be the 18-55 or if your budget stretches to cover more eventualities for an excellent walkabout lens would be an 18-200.

thanx jas i think you are right i enjoy landscape shooting i have a sigma 18-50 now so

I am thinking of investing in this lens for my d50 does anyone have one and what do they think or are there any better ones anyone can recommend to me at all, thanx.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nikon-AF-S-55-200mm-4-5-6G-3-6X/dp/B000O161X0
Hi, I bought one of these lens yesterday and went out to try it. I was very impressed with it, make sure you get the VR one though. I was thinking of getting the 18-200 but the price was prohibitive. I wanted to be certain of getting a lens with a English guarantee and not grey matter. I trawled the net and found it at Bigcitydigital.co.uk for £129.99 + carriage 7.99. Digitaldepot.co.uk were doing it for £159 + £8.99 carriage but said that they would try to price match. They rang me back and said they would do it for £136.99 including carriage. I ordered it at 2pm Tuesday and it arrived by courier at 8am Wednesday. How's that for service!

Back