Lens Lineup - I'm all a flutter

Name
Robert
Edit My Images
Yes
Until recently I was anticipating buying:

24-70L f/2.8 and a 70-200L f/2.8 (or the older 80-200L).

However, I've just been offered a 24-105L at a good price, my question is what lens would I use to follow up the range ? I'd rather not pay out loads for an overlap of 20-30mm when you pay so much per mm on L glass.

There's nothing wrong with overlap, even if it's overlapping the 24-70 with the 24-105 (since one is f/2.8 and the other f/4), but I'd probably choose the 24-70 over the 24-105.

Thank you all for the great advice.

I have to admit I wonder If I wouldn't prefer something at 2.8 for what is going to be a portrait / walkabout lens.

However, the sigma 100-300 looks very interesting, I was aware of it before but as a few of you suggested it I went review hunting and I was impressed by the results :)

I can only afford one at the moment so I may well go for the 24-105 in the very near future :-D

Well, I bought my 24-105L :-D I can't wait for it to arrive! So excited!

Big thanks to everyone for your advice. I'm going to save for the sigma 100-300 f4 and in the short term I have my eye on an interesting Tokina 28-70 f2.8 AV Pro which I might pick up for doing stuff with a bit less DOF.

I'm so excited ! :bonk:

Well, I bought my 24-105L :-D I can't wait for it to arrive! So excited!

Big thanks to everyone for your advice. I'm going to save for the sigma 100-300 f4 and in the short term I have my eye on an interesting Tokina 28-70 f2.8 AV Pro which I might pick up for doing stuff with a bit less DOF.

I'm so excited ! :bonk:

Exciting! :D
Show us some photographs with/of it when it arrives :D

Back