Lens recommendations for Canon 400D

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,
I am looking for a lens that would be good for landscape/scenery shots. I have a budget of £150.
Any suggestions please?
Thank you

I don't understand the question. You already have two lenses that go down to 17/18mm. Why do you feel you need another one? If it's because you want an even wider angle, you need to double your budget (e.g. Sigma 10-20mm £280) or try to find a second-hand bargain.

Hi Stewart,
I thought that maybe a dedicated lens such as the one you mention would be better. I realise that I may have to increase my budget. I only have the 17-85mm as I am selling the kit lens.
Thanks

Neil

I agree with Stewart.....the lenses you have should be fine unless you want to go wider. There's unlikely to be anything available within your budget though...at least anything worth using when compared to the quality of your other two lenses.

Bob

Thank you all for your replies. I guess you have saved me some money then:)
Thank you
Neil

for landscape/scenery shots I like using a long lens, not a wide lens, maybe I'm strange. So perhaps you should consider adding a 70/80-300 ish lens into your kit, give you more flexibility, also with it a tripod or at least a monopod.

Back