lens

Name
bob
Edit My Images
No
Hi all, I`am thinking of buying this lens Tamron 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD has anyone used or have any views on it.

kind regards bob

Hi Bob

Not used one myself, so can't comment on the actual lens, what I would say though is I'm not a fan of the 'all in one' lenses. The very large focal range is very tempting, but you'll suffer with the IQ and may not be happy with your results. Personally I wouldn't buy such a lens...

What other lenses do you have and what are you thoughts / reasoning for looking at such a lens ?

Hope this is of some help...

Hi thanks for that.

I have a 550d with kit lens18-55, nifty fifty and a canon 55-250 zoom. I`am very happy with the nifty and was just thinking about getting a better lens for a walkabout. But do not really know what to get.

bob

Hi thanks for that.

I have a 550d with kit lens18-55, nifty fifty and a canon 55-250 zoom. I`am very happy with the nifty and was just thinking about getting a better lens for a walkabout. But do not really know what to get.

bob

I'd be looking at replacing the 18-55 then if your not happy with it - is it the IS version ? The IS version is a better lens and is a capable lens.

The 50mm and 55-250IS are great lenses and for the price, work very very well.

With regards to a walk about lens, have a look at the shots you've taken and see what focal length the majority of your walk about images are taken at / which lens do you tend to use - this will give you an idea of what to be looking at.

An idea of budget can also help with possible recommendations further down the line and also are you happy with 2nd hand or not...

Thanks for that. I will check out photos I have taken, I have a budget of around 500 give or take and I would be happy with second hand.

bob

Back