Beginner Lens

Name
Roy Newport
Edit My Images
No
Hi,I've been considering buying the canon L lens 85 1.2 or the 50mm 1.2 but have just heard they both don't have IS is this correct?ta.

Nobody makes an f1.2 lens with IS. I can't think of a single 85mm prime with stabilisation and the only 50(ish) I can come up with is the tamron 45mm f1.8.

IS is always nice to have but is pretty rare in any prime lens and very rare in anything fast I think the 35mm f2 IS is the fastest lens canon have ever stabilised.

Last edited:
Nobody makes an f1.2 lens with IS. I can't think of a single 85mm prime with stabilisation and the only 50(ish) I can come up with is the tamron 45mm f1.8.
The new Tamron 85mm f1.8 has VC (their version of image stability) ...

Thank you.with my hand shakes I'm going to give them a miss then ,thank you again.

The new Tamron 85mm f1.8 has VC (their version of image stability) ...

Didn't realised they had added an 85mm to go with the 35mm and 45mm. To be honest there primes seem a bit lacklustre compared to the oppositions.

I don't think IS is essential on either of the lenses the OP was interested in and you certainly won't find anything stabilised that produces images like either of them! Each to there own I guess!

Back