lens

Edit My Images
No
hi

i have a sony a200 camera with various lenses as i am a total novice to photography i have been told to try and stick to 1 lens so can anyone please tell me what is the best allround lens to get the lenses i already have are a tamron 70/300 sigma 28/105 minolta 35/105 with macro and a sony 18/70
:help:

I don't think it really matters. The "stick to one lens to start with" is an age old bit advice which gets passed on to people starting out. It's not a bad idea at all but don't feel it's a must.

The idea is to take your thinking away from the kit and back towards thinking about the images you're making. You may well have been have doing this anyway. :)

The best all round lens is one that allows you to photograph the majority of the subjects you like.

This is an individual thing and what suits one person will not suit others.

I agree with what everyone has said so far they're a very intelligent lot here let me tell you I see you have a sony good camera here's a bit of advice from me try using punctuation cos it's quite difficult to understand when people don't yours markydesad

:)

I agree with what everyone has said so far they're a very intelligent lot here let me tell you I see you have a sony good camera here's a bit of advice from me try using punctuation cos it's quite difficult to understand when people don't yours markydesad

This is a photography forum not a English lit forum - unfortunately some mere mortals -me included suffer with medical conditions that make it difficult to spell / express things using the written word and ****** comments like yours can quite easily put you off from posting on a forum like this.

Personally i think sticking to one lens defeats the object of a DSLR, if you want to take a landscape shot the18-70 kit lens will give you a nice wide shot where as the 70-300 will be more suited to takeing shots where you need to zoom in to make them appear closer. Just use the best lens for the current situation.

I stuck with one lens and learnt its limitations before buying another. I knew when it could handle a shot, what light distance, etc yes you can learn this by having a whole bag of lenses but i dont feel you get a 2nd nature feeling towards different situations otherwise.

What a nice way to welcome a new member to the forum. NOT. :thumbsdown:

Depends what you want to use it for,sport and action keep the tamron(y)if not the sony lens on a sony camera might be the one to go for:thinking:

are you after a one lens does all or to learn the limitations of a lens before starting with another?

welcome to the forums:wave:

Back