Lensmaster rh-2 gimbal head advice/recommendations.

Name
Kev
Edit My Images
No
Hi I am looking at a decent gimbal head to hold a 600mm f4 lens. I came across the british made lensmaster gimbal. Does anyone have first hand experience of these with a large heavy lens please.

Hi I am looking at a decent gimbal head to hold a 600mm f4 lens. I came across the british made lensmaster gimbal. Does anyone have first hand experience of these with a large heavy lens please.

The man that makes them is TP member.

Lots of users too........I think a search would bring up various threads/posts ;)

I’ve used it with a Sigma 300-800mm, they don’t come much bigger or heavier! Worked extremely well, mine was custom made to be slightly longer to accommodate the Sigma and all on a few days!

The man that makes them is TP member.

Lots of users too........I think a search would bring up various threads/posts ;)
Cheers I just wanted to know if any one used one with a heavy 5kg 600mm , The Sigma reply answers that :) I have a gimbal that is fine with 150-600 just notchy with the extra weight of the 600 prime

I’ve used it with a Sigma 300-800mm, they don’t come much bigger or heavier! Worked extremely well, mine was custom made to be slightly longer to accommodate the Sigma and all on a few days!
Brilliant thanks sound like it will do what I want

I use the LensMaster RH-2 and I stock it for my business. I think it' a great piece of kit.

One thing to be aware of, however, is that it only has adjustments in one dimension. You can move the mounting point forwards and backwards, but not up and down. This means that, depending on the size of your lens, the centre of gravity of the lens might be a little bit above or below the pivot point, and if it is there isn't really anything you can do about it. If that happens, then when the lens is tilted upwards it will have a slight tendency to tilt downwards or further upwards. It's easily manageable - you just need to tighten up the pivot, or make sure you keep one hand on the lens - but it's best to be aware of it before you take both hands off and it goes clang!

I use the LensMaster RH-2 and I stock it for my business. I think it' a great piece of kit.

One thing to be aware of, however, is that it only has adjustments in one dimension. You can move the mounting point forwards and backwards, but not up and down. This means that, depending on the size of your lens, the centre of gravity of the lens might be a little bit above or below the pivot point, and if it is there isn't really anything you can do about it. If that happens, then when the lens is tilted upwards it will have a slight tendency to tilt downwards or further upwards. It's easily manageable - you just need to tighten up the pivot, or make sure you keep one hand on the lens - but it's best to be aware of it before you take both hands off and it goes clang!
Thanks Stewart I have just got one a few days ago. I have not had time or the weather to try it on a days photography yet, but it looks well made and balances nice with a Nikon 600mm f4 and a d850 . That is the main lens I will use the gimbal for so all should be ok. I was lucky to pick one up as new pretty much unused for a good price so took the chance.

Good to hear, I used mine with a Canon 500 f4 and a 1DX with teleconvertors you will not have any problems, the website will give you servicing instructions too (DIY)
I will say on mine I fitted a large penny washer as a spacer and a RRS quick release plate off the B-55 ball head base, it's a perfect fit and allows it to be simply clamped to your tripod. I did take some pics of it, but I don't know if I still have them.

Back