Lesser Redpoll - Another Image Added

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
No
lesserrespoll2.jpg

This is the first time I've had these in the garden and within five minutes I'd got some shots. I'd appreciate some feedback and confirmation that I've identified it correctly (or not), many thanks.

Last edited:
Lovely shot and yes it looks like a Lesser Redpoll....but I can`t be sure.

Cheers Mark, I've just noticed that I've clipped it's tail ever so slightly in the crop, ho hum.

Lovely Redpoll shot and a nice setting too. It's hard to mistake for anything else really, except a Linnet perhaps on a quick view, although they're markedly different.

There is a Mealy Redpoll which is a lighter bird, but they're just a winter visitor anyway.

Thanks. I thought it was but didn't know how many similar birds there are out there.

I only see Redpolls occasionally, and they're invariably flitting about in dense foliage, so you're lucky to be getting them in your garden. (y)

I've never seen them before, or noticed them at least, so it was quite exciting this morning.

Nice shots (y)

They really are very nice looking birds :)

Nice shots richard. (y) was out today at local reserve had at least 40+ redpolls got lots of shots of them may post some in a few days time.

Lovely shots Richard, I must say I can't say I have knowingly seen one these ever but I am new to this bird spotting game. (y)

Back