Lest We Forget

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
One for tommorows special day.

p1055599702.jpg

That is a very moving image. We often see the poppy, or a cross, but to have the face in there too reminds us just how young some of these brave men were.

It is especially telling for our youngfolk who I dont think equate it all, they think of the war, and of their grandad etc. This brings it all into focus.

Very good work.... and thank you.

Last edited:
Very good images and it says it all.

I think you have done a great Job there in putting together an image that sums up everything.

Top notch.

Nigel

That sums it all up. We should always remember them.

A very well edited and moving photograph, my only criticism (and I stand to be corrected on this) is Remembrance Sunday and the poppy is a British/European thing and according to the helmet your soldier is American.

I know we remember all soldiers in all wars but as we're in Britain I would have liked the soldier to be British

Nice work indeed and a very emotive image.

The soldier is a wwii American, the poppy would be fitting if he had been a wwi vet, the yanks did contribute in the first war in Europe , however the soldier does not go with the grave inscription of a death date of 1911.
Picky i know, but just an observation..
All gave some.
Some gave all...

Last edited:
Maybe it was meant to mean for both wars? I like probably many others noticed the soldiers helmet but surely in this case it is the sentiment that counts.

Thank you to all those that looked and remembered the sacrifices that so many gave and are still giving.

I do not want to get into a discussion about it, but as to the American soldier being used in it this is meant as a tribute to all who fought and fell, and I'm sure we have some American members and visitors here as a global communiy that the web is.

Armistice Day as it used to be known in both Europe and the US (now Remebrance and Veterans day) both of which are on 11 November is something that we all share hence the reference to a special day

Traditionaly a two minute silence is observed at 11am on 11th day of the 11the month because this is when the Great War, or World War 1, came to end in 1918.

But now, this anniversary is officialy used to remember all the people who've died in wars since World War 1.

This includes World War 2, the Falklands War, the Gulf War, and conflicts in Bosnia, Rwanda and Kosovo.

Last edited:
Thanks for the additional info.
And as you say not to get into a deep discussion on the war issues, but you are slightly wrong. but the sentiments are in the right place.

regards

Last edited:
Very moving image, thanks for sharing

I well put together photograph, to me it does not matter which uniform the person is wearing, it is the sentiment behind it that counts, and as Paul has said it is to remember all those that have died in battle and for those that are serving currently in areas of conflit. The image will certainly be in my mind tomorrow when I am attending my local parade with my scouts.

A well conceived and executed image that evokes a range of emotions. Nicely done. And, yes, we shall remember them all.

Back