Lettering for Mounts?

Name
Derek
Edit My Images
Yes
I've done a couple of framed enlargements my Dad wanted of a couple of local scenes and he's delighted with them, but would like the place names somewhere on the bottom of the mount. Is there anything suitable for doing this?

I like the Papyrus font.

Last edited:
You could buy temporary tattoo paper and print the place names onto that. It should work in a similar way to Letraset but instead of having to set each character you can have it all kerned, spaced and in a straight line already.

Why not simply print off the name on a standard inkjet in an appropriate tyepface and size, then cut it out to size and place it below? Done nicely , this will look just as good.

Can you still buy Letraset easily? That stuff canm be a real pain getting down either squarely or in one piece.

Having an extra bit of paper stuck on the mount won't look as good as having the text directly on it.

Having an extra bit of paper stuck on the mount won't look as good as having the text directly on it.

Yeah, unless the paper it was printed on was exactly the same shade as the ivory coloured mount, it would definitely look odd methinks..... at least I've got a couple of ideas now.

You could buy temporary tattoo paper and print the place names onto that. It should work in a similar way to Letraset but instead of having to set each character you can have it all kerned, spaced and in a straight line already.

I'll look into that, thanks.

Thanks to all.

Last edited:
Maybe not , but as ever ,it's not what you do , it's the way that you do it, and done well it will look fine - especially if you were to do it on a nice stock, and perhaps place it onto a secondary colour to edge it.

have a think about the way you see the cpations/titles on frames old old paintings. I don't mean a straight imitation.

Last edited:
Can you cut a small rectangle out of the mount below the pic and place a name in that on white paper?

Can you cut a small rectangle out of the mount below the pic and place a name in that on white paper?

Just what I was going to say......it can look really professional done this way
Dave

Thanks - have got a couple of spare small mounts kicking around so will give it a test run and see what like.... (y)

You could put it on the bottom of the print, not the mount.
Like this:

5229981846_3faf748db9_b.jpg

Its easy enough to make a template and just change the title for each pic.

Back