LGBTQ+

Name
matt
Edit My Images
Yes
Heard a great new definition from a lesbian comediene tonight on Apprentice -You're Fired, no need for all these new additions to what was LGB, just group everyone who isn't straight into a new definition, S-
Works for me.

I'm still looking forward to when someone asks me if my dog is a boy or girl so I can say he's non-binary, after all a cushion can be fair game sometimes :D

I'm considering identifying as a woman when my car insurance is up for renewal.....

Won't do much, gender based pricing in insurance is not allowed.

Unless post-Brrrrrr.....let's not say it..... the UK decides to ditch the EU Gender Directive. Although I highly doubt it.

I just don't understand. Many years ago, "gay" was hijacked to replace "queer" because it was pejorative, but now "queer" is back as part of the alphabet soup :)

I just don't understand. Many years ago, "gay" was hijacked to replace "queer" because it was pejorative, but now "queer" is back as part of the alphabet soup :)

To borrow a line from the Eurythmics "some of them want to abuse you, some of them want to be abused". I suspect it goes with the alphabet soup that caters to every inclination.

'Gay' has a long and varied history. Apart from meaning bright, happy and carefree; it was in common use to mean a promiscuous man, a man who frequented brothels (gay houses) or a prostitute until the C19th. The association with homosexuality is mainly C20th, and post war.

And Gay is/was sometimes used as a diminuative(?sp) name for Gladys.............................and I think such older used names (along with Ethel and Mabel....???) are making a comeback but doubt such a 'shortened' variant will see much use these days!

Also a contraction of Gabriel for men.

Back