Lichfield Cathedral HDR

Name
Peter
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All

This is my first HDR what do you think? constructive critisim welcome

Last edited by a moderator:
Just seen both shots Peter. I like them a lot, more so the second, as the sharpness of the spires lets it down for me.

What lens?

Dave

Closed the other thread and edited your first post here so the picture shows. (Use the text in the boxes at the bottom of the gallery page showing your image).

The picture looks a bit blurry from the processing but it doesn't shout HDR at me which is good :)
having the 'mirror' line half way up the frame works well with reflections and you even have some symmetry with the leading lines created by the banks.

For a first HDR i think its good , so many new hdr uses go way over the top with massive halos and extreme saturation but you haven't :D

In my book this and the other one (Lake2) rank among the best English landscapes I've seen on here.

This is the type of HDR i love, it really makes the image stand out without looking HDRish if you see what i mean.

Nice Work!

Well done on not overdoing it too much, mate. The grass is still a little GREEN, but not bad at al. I agree about it being a little blurry though.

Nice shot- again, especially as its your first HDR- nice and subtle. My first attempts where extremely garish. I think its a good technique if used properly, even though it seems to have a bit of a bad rep with some.

Good work!

Back