Bargain Lidl A4 Photo paper 280gsm £4.99

LongLensPhotography

Th..th..that's all folks!
Name
LongLensPhotography
Edit My Images
No
Lidl are again selling their A4 glossy photo paper for a limited time so be quick. It may be months or a year until it's back on the shelves again.

It is 50x A4 sheets, glossy 280gsm paper

It is clearly no Hahnemuhle, but it is very decent and easily miles better than any high-street C-type print.
I mainly use them to print my junk every 2-3 days just to keep the print heads happy and clean. This keeps the expenditure way down, and prints are still perfectly good to put in a frame as needed.
For canon I use generic semi-gloss PP profile and it's pretty close to screen.

I don't think there is anything remotely close to it at that price; don't even think about the chinese paper from ebay - it's awful.

edit: it is slightly different to their previous version, and notably it now has markings on the reverse side... still looks good deal.

Last edited:
I still have 30-ish remaining from the previous box. Tempted to buy another. It's certainly better than all other cheap paper. My missus uses them family prints and for distributing those to her parents. I use them for the same reason you mentioned. It's perfect for also trialing prints before printing large. I learnt very quickly doing trial prints on expensive paper was well not viable and doing them on really cheap paper was basically pointless because it didn't really give a proper idea. This is good enough for that purpose.

Last edited:
I still have 30-ish remaining from the previous box. Tempted to buy another. It's certainly better than all other cheap paper. My missus uses them family prints and for distributing those to her parents. I use them for the same reason you mentioned. It's perfect for also trialing prints before printing large. I learnt very quickly doing trial prints on expensive paper was well not viable and doing them on really cheap paper was basically pointless because it didn't really give a proper idea. This is good enough for that purpose.

Please note it is slightly different than the last batch (different manufacturers, but quite similar quality) so you may want to make a new ICC profile if you have the means to do it.

Back