Lidl rechargeable NiMh batteries

Edit My Images
Yes
Lidl is selling these for £1.99 from next thursday.

http://www.lidl.co.uk/uk/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20080612.p.Rechargeable_NiMH_Batteries.ar11

4AA's for £1.99, or various other sizes.

I bought some of these a few years ago for the same price. Back then they were 2100mah, so they're probably somewhat larger capacity now.

They're not going to be the highest capacity, but for the price (even 7dayshop is at least £1 more, and then you have delivery) they're about the same as alkalines from a corner shop.

Certainly worth a try - Aldi have some too, but their's are only 800mAh - i'm surprised they could find any that low nowadays !

Just received some 2800MAh ones from 7day shop this week - their own brand - seem to behave well during charging and use; unlike the Battetch ones i got off ebay that seem very unreliable - even when the charger says they are charged they sometimes last 3 shots in a compact digi cam, other times hours - arrrggghhhh !

Thats the fun with batterys guys! I tend to use Uniross, however they seem to be hard to find now, as GP seem to be the main ones which are promoted in most highstreet stores.

High street stores are a very large ripoff. I have some 7dayshop ones which are 2800mAh, and cost about £4, compared to the highstreet where similar batteries cost £10 for 4.

Or they are doing 8 of those batteries and a 1hr charger which has a car charger lead too.........for £14.99

the batteries are 2300 btw

Last edited:
I have some Aldi rechargables (most likely the same) which were 1.99

Very handy price.

Certainly worth a try - Aldi have some too, but their's are only 800mAh - i'm surprised they could find any that low nowadays !

are you sure they weren't AAA as they're usually 800 mAh

I bought some thanks Leoedin

They are NiMH 1.2V

AAA - 900 mAh
AA - 2500 mAh

Back