Life on Mars sayings

lee

Edit My Images
Yes
''You're moving faster than a spastic in a magnet factory''

"I've come at this from more angles than Linda Lovelace"

"He's got fingers in more pies than a leper on a cookery course"

"I'm not a religious man Mr Warren - but isn't there something in the Bible that says, thou shalt not suck off rent boys?"

"She's as nervous as a very small nun at a penguin shoot"

Gene Hunt: Steven Warren is a bum bandit. Do you understand? A poof! A fairy! A queer! A queen! Fudge packer! Uphill Gardener! Fruit picking sodomite!
Sam Tyler: He's gay?
Gene Hunt: As a bloody Christmas Tree! Mind you, he is a little touchy on the subject, being a twisted Catholic with an elderly mother and all, so I wouldn't go mentioning it to him...

"Anything 'appens to this motor and I come over your houses and stamp on all your toys. Got it? Good kids."

Sam Tyler: This place is like Guantanamo Bay.
Gene Hunt: Keep off, it's nothing like Spain.

Someone needs to take a look at you boss, you're as white as a ginger bird's arse!"

"You great soft, sissy, girlie, nancy, french, bender, Man United supporting puff!"

"Gene Hunt: Now. Yesterday's shooting. The dealers are all so scared we're more likely to get Helen Keller to talk. The Paki in a coma's about as lively as Liberace's dick when he's looking at a naked woman, all in all this investigation's going at the speed of a spastic in a magnet factory.
(Sam Tyler, aghast, drops the radio he is holding.)
Gene Hunt: What?
Sam Tyler: Think you might have missed out the Jews
Gene Hunt: What?
Sam Tyler: I think we need to explore whether this attempted murder was a hate crime.
Gene Hunt: What as opposed to one of those I-really-really-like-you sort of murders?

Gene Hunt: I think you've forgotten who you're talking to.
Sam Tyler: An overweight, over-the-hill, nicotine-stained, borderline-alcoholic homophobe with a superiority complex and an unhealthy obsession with male bonding?
Gene Hunt: You make that sound like a bad thing.

[Before an undercover sting operation, Annie is equipped with a gun]
Annie Cartwright: I haven't received any firearms training. That's not right...
Gene Hunt: [Exasperated] Y'see, this is why birds and CID don't mix. Give a bloke a gun, it's a dream come true. Give a girl one, and she moans it doesn't go with her dress! Now start behaving like a detective and show some balls.
Annie Cartwright: Thanks for being so sympathetic, sir. Let's hope you don't end up in my firing line. [Annie storms out]
Gene Hunt: [Slightly alarmed] Did she just threaten to shoot me?!
Superintendent Harry Wolfe: Got a very bright future ahead of her, that lass

Annie Cartwright: Boss, there's a viscous yellow liquid in his ear....
Gene Hunt: No, that's the drip from my fried egg butty, love. Well done Miss Marple, that's why we need women detectives...

Gene Hunt: Drugs eh? What's the point. They make you forget, make you talk funny, make you see things that aren't there. My old grandma got all of that for free when she had a stroke.

Gene referring to something that's not quite right:- "It's as fake as a tranny's fanny!"

Gene Hunt, a Policing God: 'Is it serious?' 'Well he's dead, so it's quite serious'

The Camberwick Green scene:
Hullo DI Tyler! (a puppet Sam waves to the camera)
How are you feeling? (Puppet Sam puts his head in his hands).
Is it DCI Hunt? (Puppet Sam nods his head).
Is he kicking in a Nonce? (Puppet Sam points off camera).
Cut to a Puppet Gene Hunt kicking the ****e out of a Puppet Nonce.
Hullo DCI Hunt (Puppet Gene drops Puppet nonce in the gutter and waves to the camera - before putting the boot into the Puppet Nonce...)

Gene Hunt: Right, we pulled a bird in, Dora Keanes. She was the last person to see the victim alive.
Sam Tyler: Is she a suspect?
Gene Hunt: Nope, just a pain in the arse.
Sam Tyler: Okay, alright, brief me in full. What do I need to know?
Gene Hunt: [Slightly nonplussed] She's a pain in the arse.
[They arrive outside the lost property office]
Sam Tyler: What, so you've handed her into lost property?
Chris Skelton: Well, we could use the canteen, but she's a right mouthy bird, this one.
Sam Tyler: Hang on, you're going to do the interview in there?
Gene Hunt: Thick walls

[To Phyllis Dobbs, custody sergeant, talking about a witness that he's just brought in]
Sam Tyler: He's a key witness. So could you treat him like a person, Phyllis. D'you remember "people"? You used to be one!

Gene and Sam need to get a pub landlord out of the way so that they can go undercover]
Gene Hunt: Ray! Go and arrest the landlord of the Trafford Arms
Ray Carling:What for?
Gene Hunt: Think of something on the way
Later]
Gene Hunt: In a bizarre twist of fate the landlord was arrested this afternoon.... on suspicion of Cattle Rustling

Sam Tyler: We need an inner cordon as well as this one. Think of it as two circles, one inside the other. The area in the centre is out of limits to everybody but us.
Gene Hunt: Fair enough.
Sam Tyler: Call it the doughnut.
Gene Hunt: Jam or custard?
Sam Tyler: Now you're just being silly.
Gene Hunt: I'm not the one calling it a doughnut

:LOL: :clap:

I'm in tears reading these (and remembering the scenes and them saying them)...Excellent...Very funny stuff.

had a feeling you might like this Marcel.

Actually can't believe my favorite line isn't in the list..

Gene Hunt: Drop your weapons your surrounded by armed B*stards

:)

Definitely. I'm really looking forward to the Gene Hunt spinoff. The only gripe I'll have is that it's set and filmed in London :( Not Manchester......

Have to say that this was one of the most refreshing and appealing series to have appeared on UK TV for a long, long time. Classic tv... loved it.

Great to be reminded of these sayings and phrases though, I did laff when I read this post.

I'm with Marcel on this one, sitting here chuckling away. It was the only decent series to have been on the box in recent years and I can't wait for the sequel with everyone's favourite DCI.

Thanks for sharing and cheering me up, top post! :clap:

Quality (y)

The re run of series 2 has just finished on one of the sky channels.

Absobloodylutely superb TV ... (y) ... and ... :eek: ... it was British ... :clap:

08.gif

Best series ever made :) Loved watching it and I was gutted when it finnished. Did anyone see the auction on ebay for the Cortina?

DONT MOVE! YOUR SUROUNDED BY ARMED *******S!

Gene Hunt:they recon you've got concussion, but i couldnt give a tarts furry cup if half your brains are falling out, DONT EVER walk into my kingdom acting king of the jungle
Sam Tyler:who the hell are you?
Gene Hunt:Gene Hunt, your DCI, and its 1973, almost dinnertime, im having hoops

Sam Tyler: I want to go home
Gene hunt: dont be such a jessy, you can go home later
Ray: So what you wanna do now then guv'
Gene Hunt:hmmmm............. pub!
Chris: Pub!
Ray: Pub
annie: Pub
sam: Pub

some of the music snippets were good too bit of uriah heep and deep purple in there i think , led zeppelin ? should have been if there wasnt !

For those that don't know the legend that is Gene Hunt......:D

[YOUTUBE]tC62WgREj6E[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]7CaJDH2uc04[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]UwlnVo1Toj8[/YOUTUBE]

had a feeling you might like this Marcel.

Actually can't believe my favorite line isn't in the list..

Gene Hunt: Drop your weapons your surrounded by armed B*stards

:)

Thats my phone message tone :D

Gene Hunt - cockney rhyming slang?
Awesome, brilliant, genius...LMFAO...twice...

Back