Light painted flowers...

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
Well, Jackie retired to bed and I unpacked my photography gear. I've been waiting all day: eyeing up my camera, tripod and Jackie flowers

Taken with my Tokina 11-16 @ 16. I was going to use my 105mm to focus in on a single flower, but fatigue started to set in and I'd only get :nuts:

I haven't done much light painting and would appreciate any C&C.

One thing I am going to do is read up on colour profiles because as usual Flickr has sucked a lot of the colour out.....:bat:

Cheers all.

Light painted flowers 1 by andysheader (Posiview), on Flickr

Light painted flowers 2 by andysheader (Posiview), on Flickr

The first one looks a little patchy to me, the lighting is not uniform enough, but that second one is excellent, you've put a nice amount of light onto the flowers to even bring out detail in the darker blooms and then nicely illuminated the vase also (y)

Matt

The first one looks a little patchy to me, the lighting is not uniform enough, but that second one is excellent, you've put a nice amount of light onto the flowers to even bring out detail in the darker blooms and then nicely illuminated the vase also (y)

Matt

Thanks, Matt, appreciate it.

I see what you mean about the light in #1 being an issue.

I used a small LCD torch, would you recommend any kind of diffusion?

When I first saw this kind of light paining and outside (cars, etc), I used to think, "So, people switch lights off or go out in the dark and light something up?, Why not just photograph it in the daylight?!".

But, now I get it. The shadows and muted tones really appeal to me.

Cheers.

Agree with matt, the second shot is also my fav.

Very good atempt I had ago lighting up some flowers in a vase with iPhone light and then a soft box app on iPad and thy just looked like I used a flash with everything lit up :shrug:

I've found LED torches to be a little harsh in there light quality so I think that a little but of diffusion would be really useful (y)

Matt

As usual Matt some invaluable advice (y)

Really like these photos. Well done!

Agree with matt, the second shot is also my fav.

Thanks to both of ya...:D

Very good atempt I had ago lighting up some flowers in a vase with iPhone light and then a soft box app on iPad and thy just looked like I used a flash with everything lit up :shrug:

Experimentation is the mother of invention...or something like that.

Keep experimenting and....post some photographs for C&C and advice....(y)

Back