Light painting, re-visited portrait

Name
Jay
Edit My Images
Yes
Found myself with half an hour to waste in a graveyard in the dark tonight,

cpoStand up tall by jpay01, on Flickr

Lightpainted with a charity shop flashgun,

Around 5 flahes from the right and one up the arse to highlight the underside of the cross, some fill in torch on the base and grass areas.

Comments pleaaaaaaaasee...

Last edited:
How do you find yourself in a graveyard with 30 minute to kill? at night :thinking:

I have a suspicion that's a white stone memorial, I don't think you've over-cooked the lighting but I'd personally like to see the sky darker as to me it's neither day nor night, somewhere in between.

The shape of the branches at the top of the composition really compliments the shape of the memorial.

There is an honest reason as to why but I'm not going to explain it on here! (just trust I'm not that weird-o) - Needed to get that defense in!

Thanks for the comments!

Last edited:
I think the flash has overpowered it in the first and I would like to see the whole of the base, and as Alastair says the leaves do compliment the shape

Not sure what you mean and one up the arse though :thinking: unfortunate term I think :( why you have to use that sort of terminology is beyond me sorry

The second one is much better (y) good colours and nice use of the reflection (y)

How do you find yourself in a graveyard with 30 minute to kill? at night :thinking:

Come out shooting with me and you would find yourself in graveyards at night time a lot :cautious: :exit:

Matt

Matt.. a few hours in a cemetery lightpainting or regular long exposures is not unnormal.. but having just 30 minutes puts the idea of, "Waiting for the guy with the spade", in mind.. :exit:

Re-visited this location with my girlfriend on the way home...

Untitled by jpay01, on Flickr

What do you think?

Back